Petty

Chapter 30

Chapter 30

I am proud to say that I taught Maxi everything he knows. Except when Dante taught him to attack the boys when they go by the fruit snacks.

"Get dressed we have another meeting and you're coming." Dante said as he laid across my lap. "Why do I have to go? I have Maximus."

"Because I want you with me, Max isn't big enough to protect you yet and you only got him because I was sick of hearing your mouth".

"Oh." Was all I said before I got up closed the bathroom door. "Camille you know I was playing, I love hearing you're beautiful voice as you complain and yell."

I ignored him and pulled my hair back into a ponytail, earning a dirty look from him.

"Knock it off." I began to brush my teeth and ignored his looks. That's one emotion he's not good at hiding.

He pulled the back of my body into him, "Get dressed." I rolled my eyes and began to walk out of the bathroom when he grabbed my hand and pulled me back, "stop rolling your eyes before I give them a reason to roll."

I held back my smile as best as I could. I love making him mad it's the highlight of my day.

I changed and met everyone downstairs.

"Awh guys look she's coming to another meeting!" Zach wrapped his arm around me and smiled as Dante shook his head. "She's only coming because there's no one who can stay and keep watch. Otherwise she wouldn't be attending any of this. She's already involved enough." His fists were clenched tightly.

We all silently looked at each other. Somedays he's really good with his anger and other days you'd be lucky to get a nice word out of him. Today must be one of those days.

"Now let's go." He gently grabbed my hand and led me out the door.

I stared at the side of his face in the car. "Are you okay?" He looked down at steering wheel and then at me, "Be good in here."

I bit my lip and nodded at his lack of response to my question. I just worry about him so much, he does so many dangerous things and goes around so many dangerous people.

What if something happens to him one day? What would I do? How would I react? Would I even be able to handle it...

I didn't realize I was crying until Dante grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on top of it.

"What's wrong, love?"

I shook my head and blinked the tears from my eyes, "Nothing I was just too far in my head again."

"I told you about that, it'll fuck you up." I nodded in response.

"I love you Cano."

I gave him a soft smile and leaned against his shoulder, "I love you too Dalesio."