Chapter 1: Fox In The Snake Pit

"This year was going just great and it was not even the second week of class," Harry thought to himself as he walked the halls of Hogwarts. Having thought that he was going to get expelled even before the school year even began for blowing up his aunt only for the Minister of Magic himself to let him go. Having passing out on the train due to the Dementors had been bad enough but in his first class of the year having the Professor predict his death. His next class of the day, Transfiguration had been cancelled due to Professor McGonagall having gotten food poisoning at the opening feast the night before. Hermione was now spending most of her free time in the library looking for some sort of proof that the tea reading was false while his classmates began to act as if he was made of glass and would drop dead at a moments notice. So it was Harry was walking alone down a random corridor, Hermione having rushed once more to the library and Ron still in the Great Hall eating a late breakfast. "Man Fate seems to really take delight in messing with my life," Harry thought to himself again wondering if he should go do some homework.

"She really does," a soft ethereal voice said seeming to respond to his thought. With a start Harry looked up and saw a strange woman before him with one eye a deep silver and the other a shining gold and an almost Muggle version of an Elvish face. The woman seemed to be surrounded by a tangible aura making it hard to determiner her age which seemed to shift by the second between a young lady full of graze and a elderly teacher full of unknown knowledge. "Hello Harrison," the strange woman said raising an arm drawing his attention to the robe she was wearing which seemed to shift between all know colours with no actual pattern.

"My name is Harry," Harry said confused at this strange woman but she just chuckled.

"That is what you have been told but you will find that not everything one is told is true young Wizard. You are quite correct that my daughter does seem to take delight in messing with your life but I am here to correct that young one," she said.

"Who is your daughter?" Harry asked even more confused.

"Why Fate of course it seems she had seen the plans of two mortals that could end up destroying the world so she decided to introduce you to mediate the damage done between the pair. However, her sister Destiny acting on your life as well doing her best to keep you safe for you were destined to become the master of my son Death and have free reign in my other sons, Time's domain. With the majority of my children working cross purposes on your life it would has put into plan that would cause even more destruction that if the world had been left alone between the two mad men," she said folding her arms before her inside the sleeves of her large multicoloured robe.

"What?" Harry can only sputter out before seeing that he really was just a pawn on some cosmic chess board.

"True young Harrison but as in the game of chess when a pawn reaches the other side of the board they can become a key piece in the game and that is what I offer to you. It will not be pleasant and you will most likely learn thing best left never to have seen the light of day but your life will be better," the woman said.

"What would I have to do?" Harry asked.

"All it takes is a single shake of my hand and you will be removed as you are from the game board as it were. But I will offer you a warning if you do this you must learn to trust what once you did scorn and beware those you had previously trusted for I will take away all my children have done and will do to you. So young Harrison do you accept?" she asked pulling her left hand out of her robe and holding it out for him to shake in agreement.