Chapter 7: The School Board Meeting

During the day Neville and Luna's new Head of Houses sought them out and invited the newly revealed Lord and Lady to join them in their personal rooms for supper that night. Luna sensing something was up had pulled Harry into her lap as she worked on her homework before the time she was to go meet Professor Snape for supper. When it was time to go there she asked if it would be alright if she took Vilu along with her from Theo who saw Harry preferred her to everyone else, apart form the Weasley Twins and himself, in the house. Seeing Vilu snuggled up into her chest Theo saw not problem with it so nodded his head. Harry almost growled at the blonde girl as she literally skipped to Snape's office making him feel as if he was on one of those carnivals rides that the Dursleys sometimes went to leaving him with Mrs. Figg. "Ah Lady Lovegood please come in," Professor Snape said as she arrived at the dour Potion Master's office. "We have some things to discuss before something that happens tonight," Snape said ushering her inside to reveal a small table set for two and even a small bowl for Harry as if he knew Luna was going to be bringing Harry along. "As you have been revealed to be Ravenclaw's Heir you have gained access to vote in school related items as part of the school board. Which thanks to the un-requested resorting an emergency meeting has been scheduled for tonight. As your head of house I was selected to bring you up to speed on what you need to know about the meeting just as Professor Sprout is doing with Heir Longbottom," Snape said as the pair sat down and began to eat. Harry was surprised as the small food dish set aside for him was also filled up with food rather than having to be feed by the pair. "First off the board has eleven members, not counting yourself and Heir Longbottom, the four Heads of House, the Headmaster and finally six parents of current students. The only requirement for the parents to be on the board is that they have to have a student in the school in at least their second year but the six are also separated into three groups of two based on their cores. The current six include Molly Weasley and Grace Finnigan representing the light, Amos Diggory and Adriana Zabini representing the gray, and finally Jeremy Flint and Legvistus Nott for the dark," Snape said. "You two are not the only new members as this shall be Legvistus first meeting as well having been newly selected after Lucius Malfoy lost his place due to the events during the last year."

"How much will time I have to spend at the meetings?" Luna asked reaching over and scratching Harry's chin making him purr.

"Actually not that much as there are only three meetings per year one at the start of term, one before the Yule break ad finally in the week after finals before you head back home," Snape explained. "The meetings might run a little long but thanks to you being a Founder's Heir on the nights of the meetings you will not be punished for breaking curfew. Oh yes as the meeting happens at random times you and Heir Longbottom will be given a Founder's badge to mark you as a Heir but it will also glow slightly leading up to the meetings usually giving you a few days of notice so you can clear your time to take part.

"What will I do during the meetings?" Luna asked again.

"As a Heir you are required to cast your vote on the subjects brought up but you can also bring up subjects to vote on such as the Howler issue. I have a feeling that I can guess on two items placed on the scheduled for tonight, both the resorting but also the issue with Vilu," Snape said as he reached over and patted the top of Harry's head gently. Though Harry still had some problems being touched he was still surprised that he would not freak out when the Potion Master petted him and even curled into the man's hand. "Now as a Heir you and Heir Longbottom actually have a lot of power in deciding the course of the school which I caution you not to over use and would not bring any issues to the meeting this time around just vote and observe the other board members," Snape cautioned. "Now since both you and Heir Longbottom are joining us the meeting has actually been moved forward for a hour from its normal time but just due to its short notice to both of you just so you will have to stay up to late to finish homework or any thing." Snape said as he finished his meal and wiped the sides of his face with a Slytherin themed napkin.