+ Chapter 2 ~ Commencement +

Azusa says nothing as her mind begins to process what's currently happening. Junior, who was quickly the size of a building, was now a human. A young teen to add to the disbelief. He was not only a human; he was also awake. He was talking to her.

The woman couldn't believe that any of this was real. Junior has been unconscious since the mid-'90s, since his fall after Destoroyah dropped him, making Junior plummet to the ground.

Now here he was, very much awake and alive, looking at his adoptive mother with a bewildered expression that soon shifted into one of shock at the sound of his voice.

Junior quickly turned over and sat straight up, taking in his surroundings. The sudden movement made Azusa come back to reality and swiftly wiped the old tears off her face. A new feeling of protectiveness as she observed Junior as he began to hyperventilate, clearly panicked from the new surrounding and the body he currently found himself in.

"Junior. Junior, look at me," Azusa said in a soft tone as she grabbed his shoulders and rotated his body, so he was now facing her instead of the scientist racing around the lab.

His big round orange eyes stared into Azusa's black ones. Fear gave way to calm.

"It's okay, Junior, you're okay. I will explain everything to you, but I need you to relax and calm down. Can you do that?" Azusa asked slowly, knowing that Junior would have a hard time understanding her in his frantic state.

Junior stared at her, his fast-paced breathing not ceasing. After a few seconds, however, he managed to nod back at her.

Azusa warmly said, "Good, now breathe in slowly and hold it for a few seconds, then slowly release it. Do you understand?"

Junior placed his hands on top of her forearm for support, nodding once more as he squeezed her arm. He closed his eyes and began doing the breathing exercises, noticing that Azusa did it with him, guiding him through his fear-stricken state.

After about a minute of the exercises, Junior let out a big exhale, and Azusa felt Junior's muscles relax under her touch. Now she noticed Junior in a reclined position, breathing normally.

"Good job Junior! Are you feeling a little bit better?" Azusa asked in an excited tone, letting go of his shoulders, thinking he was alright now.

However, her excitement quickly became worry as nothing, but silence followed.

"Junior?... Do you want to talk? It's okay if you don't feel up to it right now." She then noticed Junior's frame trembling a bit. Azusa looked at Junior's face and caught his bottom lip quivering along with a few drops of tears traveling down his face. She couldn't see his eyes since his dark green bangs covered them.

"Oh my! Junior, what's-" Azusa was swiftly cut off as she felt arms tightly wrapped around her body as Junior's head was tucked into her shoulder, wetting Azusa's crimson shirt with tears. Junior was sobbing extremely hard, to the point of hiccupping his cries out.

Azusa was taken aback by this sudden hug but didn't hesitate to hug him back as one of her hands caressed Junior's hair.

After a few mere seconds, Junior talked for the second time since waking up, "Mom, you're here, aren't you!? I-I'm not dreaming, right? I'm hugging you right now, right?" Junior rose his head from her shoulder to look her in the eyes holding back tears.

Azusa let out a small laugh before replying, "This is real, Junior, I'm real, and I'm with you. I promise." Junior's face shifted from fear to a bit more of a calm expression. He leaned back into Azusa, still crying but feeling more relaxed. Now only emitting a few stray whimpers.