+ Chapter 9 ~ Prelude to War +

After flying in the dead of night for a few hours, the recently imprisoned kaiju managed to find a decently secluded island not connected to central parts of Japan. The island was Shikotan; not even man-made roads graced the nature of this Island.

Battra stands by the shoreline, looking into the ocean, barely visible in the early morning sky. Battra turns upon hearing footsteps in the sand behind him.

"Well find, Battra. Must say, this was better than my original plan," Ichi smiled at an emotionless Battra, who just turned around and stared at him.

Battra stayed silent.

Ichi ceased smiling, "Usually, if someone, especially that of King Ghidorah, compliments you, you should respond in great earnest," he says with a bite.

Battra looked Ichi in the eyes, "While you're being honest about this being a great place to get plans in order, you're lying about it being better than yours. You were seething when I suggested we devise a plan instead of charging head-first into destruction. My point is that you lie in hopes of forming strong bonds with the other human-kaiju in our group for your benefit. It won't work on me," He finished, his stare now being a glare.

Ni made his way to his brother, seemingly following Ichi and hearing the conversation. "Do you ever shut up? Just say thanks next time! You're lucky we're not forcing you or other weakling in this group to bow at us!" 

"I am in no way thankful to you three, Ghidorah. Your small praises might win over the hearts of those fools like Ebirah and Gigan but know it won't work on me. This alliance is a temporary one. And watch those threats, Ni," Battra says as he turns to Ni, his wings expanding at Ni's aggressive demeanor.

In a split second, the twins converse telepathically.

'We won't be able to have him fully under our thumb like some of the others, Ichi. Let's kill him and make an example for the rest!' Ni thought loudly.

'No. The most efficient way to wipe humanity off the map is with more numbers. With his flight, he could cause much damage to humanity. So no.' Ichi stated with finality.

'Then what's the plan to stop with his hostility? He sees through our lies!' Ni retorted.

'Quite simple. San? Respond,' Ichi reached his telepathy to San.

'Right here, Brother! What is it?' San responded with enthusiasm.

'Come to Battra location; we need you to try and make him believe we're a team. I feel like he's one offensive comment away from leaving,' Ichi asked.

'I mean... I can try?' San replied unsurely

'Do try! Do!' Ni spat at his brother.

Ichi cut in before 'Ni, stop.' Ichi hears Ni grumble in response, 'You're quite earnest, San. He'll believe you above us two. Understand?'

After a beat of silence, 'Understand.'

In seconds, Battra hears the familiar sound of flapping wings overhead. San lands gently between his brother and temporary ally. "I caught the feeling that there was some aggressiveness going on here. What's going on?" San asks with an actual smile.

Battra growled, now outwardly showing his frustration. "What, now you want me to bow down to your feet as well?"

San raises his hands in defense, laughing nervously, "Of course not! While we were all the same body, all three of our minds differed. So please forgive my brother's brashness."