+ Chapter 6 ~ Evolving Quickly +

Junior sat beside Mothra, Leo, Anguirus, Rodan, and humans that currently lived on Infant Island. All gathered on the beach, looking as the sun began to kiss the horizon of the ocean.

Ever since arriving to Infant Island, much to the natives delight to see Mothra and her son again (no matter what form they are in), the five human-kaiju began to partake in their tradition of watching the sunset everyday before going to bed.

Junior smiled, watching the sun slowly disappear like it was diving into the ocean water. He's been alive long enough to have seen the sunset hundreds of times, but ever since arriving to Infant Island as a human, he finds it much more relaxing.

He can't explain why. Maybe it's because as a human, time feels much slower so he actually has time to appreciate little things like the sunset. As a kaiju, he was taught to always have his guard up, no matter where they were, so he couldn't take time to look at the sun for 30 minutes. Now as a human, he can finally drop his guard since threats on the caliber of a kaiju doesn't exist anymore.

He hated to admit this, but he's was liking being a human.

"You must really enjoy the sunset, Junior. Whenever I look over, you always have a smile on your face when it sets," Mothra said with a soft smile and tone.

Junior jumped a little from being torn away from his thoughts. He looked at Mothra with pink tinting his cheeks as he chuckled. "Heh, I guess..." He said embarrassed from being caught.

"What do you like about it, Little G?" Rodan asked, sitting on the other side of Junior.

Junior stayed silent for a second, trying to gather a good enough response. "Well...I guess..." Junior started as he watched most of the human leave the beach to go to bed. "As a kaiju, I never cared for the sunset but as a human, it makes me feel calm. It's very peaceful to look at, is what I'm trying to say." Junior finished with a small laugh.

Anguirus chirps in, "I get it, Junior. It's the same for me."

Everyone is silent as the watch the white specs in the sky become more visible. This is what the five of them do, no one else. This is their tradition. Sitting on the beach until the stars are completely visible and the sky becomes entirely black.

"To think we've been doing this for a month," Mothra quietly stated.

'Has it really been a month since my father and I were in the same building?' Junior thought solemnly

"Has it really been a month since we left the courthouse?" Junior asked nonchalantly.

"Yep, hard to believe, huh?" Mothra smiled as the moon casted enough light off the ocean for all of them to see each other.

"If one of you told me that Junior would actually end up enjoying Infant Island a month ago, I would have asked you to get help," Leo said with a smirk from his moms side.

Junior growled at Leo's diss. Rodan laughed along with Anguirus as Mothra giggled.

What annoyed Junior the most was that Leo wasn't entirely incorrect. He did enjoy being on the island with his dads old friends...and to a much lesser extent, Leo. Not that he would ever admit that.

"If you told me you and Junior would actually become friends a month ago, I would've said the same thing, Leo," Mothra laughed as she looked at the disgusted expression on her sons usually calm face.

"Like hell we're friends!" Junior and Leo both shouted in unison with equal disdain.

Rodan and Anguirus began laughing harder, both saying, "They're so close they're even in sync!"