+ Chapter 10 ~ First Contact +

It only took 5 minutes before the human-kaiju fighting for humanity was off in the air, heading towards Tokyo Bay at Mach speeds. The team the group decided on for the flight was Rodan, Mothra, and Gamera.

Mothra decided it'd be best if Moguera came along, but it couldn't keep up with the human-kaiju, who naturally excelled in flight. Instead, she ordered it to follow after them all and cover the perimeter when it finally reached Tokyo Bay alongside Jet Jaguar. The two acted as a last line of defense.

The team comprised Godzilla, Zilla, and Manda for the aquatic human-kaiju. While there were fewer aquatic forces than aerial forces, Mothra and co. agreed that the power behind the group would be enough to handle whatever lay in the depths of the water.

Leo and Junior insisted they travel along, but they were quickly shut down by a stern Mothra and a serious Godzilla. Their complaints were silenced promptly, and they stayed on standby, along with the other human-kaiju in the base.

"Mothra! You sure this'll be enough people?" Rodan yelled as the wind whipped through his naturally spiky red hair. Godzilla, who she carried, agreed with a hum.

Mothra looked at the men behind her while carrying Manda, "We can't show our whole hand! Osamu disclosed all kaiju that are our enemies! If we came with everyone, it'll show our hand too early and will likely result in more casualties than are needed on both sides!" She yelled over the wind. 

Manda chimed in while similarly being carried by Mothra, like Godzilla, "That, and this'll be a pure aerial and sea battle! Some kaiju are purely meant for land, like Baragon and Anguirus! I hate to say it, but they'll only be a hindrance in our fight!" 

"Exactly," Mothra finished.

Gamera, who carried Zilla, continued the conversation: "We have enough power here anyway! The kaiju on the opposite side are smart enough to know not to attract attention by bringing a huge group with them! I just hope their group is similar to us power-wise, and not stronger." Gamera finished with a tone of worry. 

Godzilla scoffed, "This is the Gamera that I've heard so much about?! I've heard stories that you're supposedly as strong as me! If that's true, then you shouldn't be so scared of an opponent that might prove a challenge!" Godzilla yelled as he jeered at Gamera.

Gamera bristles as he listens before speaking, "It's not being scared; it's being cautious and prepared! Unlike you, I'm not just thinking of myself! This fight could reach Tokyo if we're not careful! Innocent lives are at stake, or did you forget!?"

"I didn't forget, but I also don't care for those ants!" Godzilla yelled as he jostled in Rodan's grip, much to Rodan's dismay as he struggled.

Gamera flew in closer to Godzilla, "How dare you, you-!" but was unable to finish his more than likely provocative insult as Zilla butted in the conversation.

"Guys, stop fighting! If we don't work together as a team, our first real mission will end terribly! I got a mate to get back home to, y'know!" Zilla shouted, annoyed at the two amphibians' bickering. 

"-Uh! You're right; I'll gain focus again," Gamera said as he moved back into his original position in the sky, distancing himself from Godzilla.

Godzilla eyed him, staying silent. "He makes a good point, Goji," Rodan said quietly enough, so only Godzilla could hear him.

"Huh?"

Rodan sighed, looking disappointed, continuing, "I know you've only teamed up with me and a few others you actually get along with. But now we're all relying on each other, regardless of whether we know or like each other. My point is that you've got to be a team player with us, Goji."