+ Chapter 7 ~ Urgent Protocol +

Azusa slightly squeaks as she flinches to the side, avoiding the ceramic that shattered a few feet from her right. She wore a terrified expression as she saw the coffee and broken ceramic lay across Osamu's office.

"Osamu! Stop! You need to calm down!" Miki yelled out in frustration after seeing her friends petrified face.

Azusa slowly turned her head to meet Osamu's heated glare once more, working up the courage to lock eyes with him.

She was beyond frightened. Azusa had known Osamu for years, and in that time of knowing him, she has never seen the man this irate before.

At around 6am this morning, both Azusa and Miki received an urgent call from Osamu, telling them to get to his office that was in the hidden underwater lab as quickly as possible. While Miki and Azusa both traveled in the same submarine as it descended to the lab, they theorized what could have Osamu so worked up. The women both settled on the theory that it involved Ghimorah. Perhaps she had woken up early?

When they entered his office and discovered the truth, the two of them wished they were correct, because the issue at hand was far worse than anything that could ever involve Ghimorah.

All human-kaiju that were previously imprisoned had broken free and was now on the run. To put the cherry on top, they had killed nearly all of the guards in the prison, some narrowly escaping with wounds littering all over their bodies. Those that survived were the ones that broke the news about what happened to Osamu. They were currently being treated by the scientists in the lab for their wounds.

Azusa saw that Osamu was seething, but could tell that he was trying to keep it together. He was calm at first, just with a dangerous undertone beneath the words he spoke about the incident and the next appropriate step. That quickly changed as she spoke for the first time upon entering his office. 

"I...I'm sorry Osamu...I was wrong about this whole thing..." Azusa spoke, guilt-ridden. 'Maybe we should've followed Osamu's plan. Maybe they should've eradicated the kaiju instead of humanizing them. But without that serum, Junior wouldn't be awake...the situation was a lose/lose from the start...' Azusa thought somberly. 

Osamu pauses what he was saying, as well as pausing the pacing that he was doing. "You're right..." Osamu muttered out in a menacing tone.

"What?" Azusa had asked, unable to make out what he had just said.

Osamu quickly spun to face her, his face showing his animosity as he shouted, "I said YOU'RE RIGHT!" He then aimed his coffee mug at the wall behind her, prompting Miki to scold Osamu, leading to where they are now.

Azusa heart pounded in her chest as Osamu continued, "Why should I be calm Miki!? Better question, HOW!? Not only are the human-kaiju on the run, they also have their powers back!" This made the women gasp in shock and fear.

"W-what? N-no, their has to be some mistake...I figured their strength returned, but their powers as well?" Miki shakily asked. Azusa covered her mouth as tears gathered at the corner of her eyes as she listened to the new discovery.

"Yes...The kaiju that hate the human race are out there right now, free to roam and kill whoever they want and we have no way to find them, let alone kill them," Osamu turned his gaze to Azusa, the anger being placed on her once more. "And it's all her fault..." He said through gritted teeth. Azusa now had tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Osamu! You can't pin the blame all on her! It's not her fault!" Miki yelled, her eyebrow creasing in frustration.

"What do you mean, Miki? Is she not the one that made the serum with her science buddies? Is she not the one that suggested the idea of imprisoning the evil human-kaiju instead of killing them while they were powerless? So tell me Miki, who's at fault?" Osamu asked with a slightly raised voice, matching Miki with irritation.