❶⓿ Chapter Ten

| Chapter Ten |

"𝑶𝒖𝒓 𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒄 𝒇𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆

"𝑶𝒖𝒓 𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒄 𝒇𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆. 𝑾𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒄𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎, 𝒂𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒔 𝒂 𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒉. 𝑻𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒏, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒂𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒆. 𝑫𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒉?"

"I thought you were smart when it came to your magic," My aunt Lenore scolds me.

"Apparently, you get dumb in Mystic Falls." I sigh, laying back on The couch while she holds my arm, most likely examining the black veins still all on my arms that haven't gone away. After the paramedics came and got Grams, everything moved so fast. The next thing I know, I was attending her funeral, holding Bonnie's hand, crying my eyes out. Then I'm here in New Orleans with my mom's older sister.

"You should have called me as soon as you knew vampires were in Mystic Falls," She continues to scold. I feel her place something cold and mushy on my arms, causing me to wince. "It's some herbs mixed together." She explains, and I nod. " Maybe it will help get rid of the veins."

"Do you have something for nausea? I have been feeling lightheaded lately and threw up a couple of times on the plane."

"You were lucky that it latched to your magic and didn't kill you when it did. But your body still can't handle it when you use it that strongly. The magic is powerful, but your body is not Carter." She says softly, spreading the herbs up and down my arms slowly.  "You might have to release some of it."

"And where am I supposed to release it at or on? I could probably destroy something or someone releasing it."

Before Lenore can reply, someone beats on the door hard. "Stay here." She says before I hear her get up and head towards.
" Lenore, I need your help," A voice says frantically when she opens the door.

"Right now isn't a good time, Sophie."