❶❶ Chapter Eleven

| Chapter Eleven |

"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘?"

"You're avoiding Elena too?" Caroline asks me as she leads me towards The Founders Hall. I don't remember much about what happened at the cemetery and Lenore wouldn't tell me anything either. She told me that a new rule city had been placed by their King against the witches, They couldn't do any magic. She said the city was getting too dangerous so I came back home.

"I'm not avoiding her...I just don't want to talk to her at the moment." I state. To be honest, if I could I would avoid Elena like the plaque but I can't. I know she will talk about the loss of Grams and apologize because she thinks that Bonnie and I blame her but we really don't. I have been talking to Bonnie and Caroline every day since I left. Even Damon sent a text making sure I was being safe, but I ignored that.

"Seems like you and Bonnie both are" Caroline states.

"Well we are both on the Founder's court so I guess I have to talk to her eventually"

Before my mother died she had signed me up for Miss Mystic Falls since she won her first year and then Elena's mom won the year after hers. I had completely forgotten about it to be honest until Caroline called and offered to do my hair and makeup for the interview portion. She said she let my hair be in it's natural state which is loose curls like how my mom's hair used to be with one strand of hair framing each side of my face, some of my hair pulled into a small high ponytail with some light makeup. She picked me out a white long-sleeved turtleneck sweater with a dark red plaid skirt and helped me put on my black high-heeled boots.

My boots clicked against the marble floor as Caroline and I walked through the hall before she told me to sit down in a chair. "Thank you, Caroline," Mrs.Lockwood says before I hear Caroline's footsteps walking away. "Hello Carter, there are two other judges with me right now for the interview." I nod my head. "This year's queen will have the special honor of taking the stage at the hundred and fiftieth Founders' Day Gala. Before we crown our winner, we'd like to get to know a bit more about each of you. So tell us about yourself, Carter."

I take a deep breath. You're doing this for mom Carter, make a good impression.

" My name Carter Jessica Labonair- Crescent. My mother was a previous Queen, Bethany Crescent. I have just returned back to Mystic Falls after being gone for two years. In my first year at Mystic High, I was on the cheerleading team, captain of the Dance Team, and participated in several school committee activities." I say trying to sound proud but I'm far from it. All those things I did I loved them and they were just taken away from me.