❶❷ Chapter Twelve

| Chapter Twelve |

"𝑰'𝒎 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖

"𝑰'𝒎 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖. 𝑪𝒂𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍, 𝒎𝒐𝒎? 𝒅𝒂𝒅? 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑰'𝒎 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒛𝒚, 𝒚𝒐𝒖"

After I'm done getting ready I stand next to Caroline in the lineup while she holds my hand and we listen to the girls in front of us names be called by Mayor Lockwood. I fidget with the smooth sapphire on my mom's old necklace that we picked to go with my dress. This doesn't feel right. When I walk down those stairs my mother and father won't be at the bottom smiling at me. I don't know if it bothers me more that they aren't here or if that they were I wouldn't be able to see them anyway.

"Has anyone seen Amber?" Mrs.Lockwood asks. The weird feeling grows when she mentions Amber.

"Hey I see Caleb down there and he looks really good in his tux" Caroline teases and I roll my eyes. They call some more girls and I feel Caroline move forward. "They are about to call me next. Are you going to be okay with going down the steps by yourself?" She asked worriedly.

"I'll be fine" I state. Mrs. Lockwood helped me get familiar with the stairs so I could walk down on my own. Caroline's name is called out and who will escort and Elena's is followed.

"Your mother would be very proud" Mrs. Lockwood states as I move forward slowly. I feel tears start to well up in my eyes but I take a deep breath before my magic starts to react to my magic.

"Ms. Carter Labonair-Crescent, escorted by Mr. Caleb Miller"

I take another deep breath before I start to descend down the steps slowly and elegantly as I practiced. I hear people gasp in shock and a couple of whispers that I look just like my mother, and others notice that I'm wearing the exact same dress and necklace my mom wore when she won the pageant her year.

 I hear people gasp in shock and a couple of whispers that I look just like my mother, and others notice that I'm wearing the exact same dress and necklace my mom wore when she won the pageant her year