❸❼The Rager

☽◯☾

𝙰 𝙼𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝙳𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙼𝚂

[ ¢hคptēr thirtฯ Şēงēຖ - Ƭнє Rαgєя ]

☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎

"Thank you again, Carter and Klaus." Carol Lockwood says as we all stand in the parlor. She called me hysterically in the middle of the night, asking if I could put a protection spell over Tyler's room at the hospital. The hunter had returned, temporarily paralyzed him, and stolen his wolf venom. So, of course, I got out of bed and did the stupid spell, and Nik and I discussed that Tyler might need more protection when he gets out. "I know that things have been rocky between you two lately."

"That's an understatement, Mrs. Lockwood," I say dryly, causing Nik to pinch me. "But since you said you would like to start recognizing the Crescent family as a founding one since the council is starting over, I would like to start over a new leaf. What best way to do that is by protecting this Tyler and the town by dealing with this hunter." I give her my best smile, and she gives me a warily one.

We hear the front door open and Tyler's voice. "Who the hell are you two?" He says suspiciously.

Mrs. Lockwood rushes to the door. "Tyler, it's okay. They're here for your protection."

"More deputies?" He groans.

Nik and I decided it was our cue to walk out into the foyer, and Tyler's eyes widened when he saw us. "Not exactly." Nik states.

"They're hybrids." He sighs.

"I was halfway to Chicago when I heard you were attacked." He says, and I can tell he's getting angry. "Then another call from my girlfriend telling me you were attacked again. I had hoped to leave Mystic Falls for good, but duty calls."

"Nice to know you care."

"I don't. I should have killed you for the little stunt you and your friends pulled. Stopping my heart, leaving me in a coffin to rot." Nik growls at him as he walks closer, but I stop him.

"I'm the one who cares, Tyler." I state, and he looks at me in shock but nods. 

"So that keeps you alive for now. Your hybrids are a dying breed. I can't make more of you, and I won't have anyone taking liberties with the ones I have left." Nik says before leaving the room.

"They are your bodyguards. Don't be dicks to them." I state, pointing at the hybrids.

"So it is really necessary?"

"I got out of my sleep then out of my comfy bed at one am to come to protect you from a hunter you can't protect yourself from. Now I have to go before I miss first period, so don't be a dick while I'm gone. It's very necessary." I say before walking back to the parlor to kiss Nik goodbye.