❹❻ Because the Night

☽◯☾
𝙰 𝙼𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝙳𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙼𝚂

|¢hคptēr f໐rtฯ Şix - Ɓєcαυѕє тнє Ɲιgнт|

☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎

"You make it hard to get into your head." The fake Stefan speaks next to me, causing me to roll my eyes. "Even harder to get into your dreams now, but I managed."

I am lying in bed in the same spot I fell asleep; my wolf is no longer next to me but a fake Stefan now. I stare at the ceiling as he lies on his side, looking down at me.

"You only managed because I let you." As soon as my eyes closed, I kept feeling something poking at my mind insisting on getting in. I could keep them out as long as I wanted to with no problem, but curiosity got the best of me, and I regret it now.

"Well, I needed to talk to you and can't show myself yet."

"Why not?" I ask.

"You are not ready." He says vaguely. "Now, I do need your help with something."

"And why would I help you with anything?"

"Because it will help you as well." He smirks. " I'm the only one that can help you get back to who you truly are, but I can't do that in my state."

"Sounds like manipulation."

He laughs deeply, throwing his head back. "I would never manipulate you, lamperó astéri. What needs to be done to get me back is not easy, of course, but the steps have already started. Just one more sacrifice needs to be done."

"That's where you're losing me, dude." I shake my head. "I'm not sacrificing anyone or anything or someone for a person I don't even know and wears a fake face."

"Oh, but you know me, Nayara. You know me very well." He says before I feel his hand touching my cheek.

I jerk out of my sleep, eyes shooting open as I sit in bed and look over to my side to see Nik isn't in the bed. I frown at where he's supposed to be, and fake Stefan was in my dream until I notice a piece of paper with his handwriting in his place. I pick up the paper, and he tells me that he tried to wake me up but then just decided to let me sleep. He said he had to go with Stefan and help him with something and would call if they needed my help.

Wait, not he's hanging out with Stefan and helping him at that. It almost makes me curious about what they are doing, but then my stomach growling distracts me, so I get out of bed, putting the paper down before going to the kitchen to see Hayley sitting at the island eating an apple while scrolling through her phone.

"Is that all your eating?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Too lazy to cook anything." She shrugs. I roll my eyes before opening the fridge and grabbing the bacon and eggs.