||६||

THREE YEARS LATER

Three massive years had passed after the day Yatee and Chandrashekhar parted ways. They were now learning a lot of things from their mothers and Grandparents. Being a good person and a good ruler to the people was taught to both of them, everyday. Still in that time, educating women was a great taboo. So Yatee was taught all the warfare techniques and political norms in privacy - at a jungle which was at the outskirts of Giripur. There no one visited as it was the lake spot of wild cats. But that was exactly what Manibhadra Rao wanted to educate Yatee...

"Okay, now as we have finished with most of your sword techniques, we will now start with archery techniques. Tomorrow morning we will meet. Now freshen up in the nearby lake and come home soon." saying so, Yatee's Grandfather left the place. They both used to leave the place at different time so as not to create a doubt in villagers mind.

After her grandpa left, Yatee grabbed her daily clothes she had brought and went towards the lake for her bath. There she always spotted few wild animals drinking water. But no one ever went near her to attack her. She was often amazed by their generosity. She finished her bath and went into the Mahadev tample which was situated on the banks of the lake. After offering her puja, she gathered her belongings and went towards her home.

"Where had you headed to, Yatee?" Her neighbour, Radha akka asked her.

" Towards the forest. I needed some flowers."

"But be careful ha, there are lots of wild cats present to eat you up. And besides, don't leave in bright sun. Means, you have a little dark complexion, it will become more dark in the Sun. So I said. Don't take it too personally ha..." Saying so, Radha akka left.

It wasn't the first time that Yatee had faced such comments about her complexion. She had grown used to it in past six months. But she never paid attention to it. Soon she reached their wada and went upstairs to her room.

The only thing she thinked of and dreamt of was about her husband. When she left, he was about 13. A tall, handsome young man he was. She always dreamt of being in his strong arms, protected from the people and living in peace. But whenever such thoughts came to her mind, she remembers his words...

'Look, I'm not interested in marriage. The reason I married you was my father. But I will try my best to keep you happy. Afterall, you are my father's favourite disciple. But remember - You never ever disobey him."

Yatee was shook by a familiar voice. It was her childhood friend - Mohini who had married to Sripad - Chandrashekhar's best friend and as the most efficient swordsman, his commander in chief. She was shocked to see Mohini here who was supposed to be at Kolhapur.

"Mohini ? When you arrived ? Are you in Giripur ar am I at Kolhapur ? How's everyone there ? Has Sasubai and इकडची स्वारी arrived with you ? How were your two years ? Tell me everything..."

"Ohh Yatee... Atleast take a break whilst speaking. I am here with your Bhauji. We came here to give you a good news. Chandrashekhar bhauji is planning to capture his first ever fort in next week which is near to the Radhanagar in Kolhapur. And also we have got a letter from Matoshri bai saheb ( Vidya bai ). Come on now... Come down along with us."

Both the girls went down. The brisk cold of the mountains shivered Yatee and gave a signal of darkening skies. The letter from Shirke Patil's was read by Sripad. Everyone cheered with joy when they heard of first ever capture of Chandrashekhar. Then a letter from Vidyabai was handed over to Madhubai.

"Salutations to Manibhadra Appa and Madhubai.
Hopefully you all must be doing well at Giripur. We are also doing great here. As mentioned in the earlier letter, we will soon capture our first fort and led a foundation of our kingdom - We decided to name it as Swatantra Bharat. Soon, after our kingdom is stable, we will be glad to welcome you all. Also, after Yatee's Ritushuddhi (When she starts with her menses) we will be glad to welcome her officially as our Kulvadhu. Till then, take care. And lots of love to my Yatee.

Yours,
सौ. विद्याबई जयपलराव शिर्के पाटील
(Mrs. Vidya Jayapalrao Shirke Patil)

Every one was very happy to hear about them. After giving the gifts sent for them, Sripad and Mohini we're about to leave when suddenly they heard someone calling them -

"Bhauji, Mohinibai, wait for a second. I want you all to take one thing from me to Sasubai and इकडची स्वारी. Take this."

It was a saffron coloured silk cloth with an impression of the Sun in golden thread. It was symbolising a flag.

"What is this, Vahini ? Means I am not getting it."

"I have stitched this flag for our Swatantra Bharat. When you all will capture your first ever fort, you will require a flag to hoist there, right ? I wish Sasubai, Aabasaheb (Grandfather) and इकडची स्वारी will like it." Saying so, she departed from there.

AT KOLHAPUR :

Everyone was awaiting for Sripad and Mohini to return back. By next morning, they reached Kolhapur. There at the meeting, Sripad handed the flag sent by Yatee to the righteous man, Chandrashekhar. He was simply proud of what he was saying. Along with that, a letter for the choice of flag was given.

"This flag will represent our nation - Swatantra Bharat. The orange colour was chosen to symbolise the justice and valour of our courageous men. The white lining to the flag represent the peace and harmony of our kingdom which encloses and binds together our kingdom. The picture of the Sun lord depicts our nation as Unconquerable like the Lord almighty. The golden colour was chosen to symbolise the wealth of our soldiers and people. I hope everyone likes my message. Good wishes to your first ever fight for fort. May Mahadev bring glory to Shirke Patil clan.
Har har Mahadev !

Yours,
Yateebai Shirke Patil

Everyone was stunned by the thoughts of that eleven years old girl. Without any second thought, Chandrashekhar declared it as their National flag. He asked Sripad to create the exact replica of that flag and kept the flag stitched by his wife in his own room.

"Why you kept it here ? We would have hoisted the flag that our first ever fort na ?"

"No Sripad, this flag doesn't belong to that fort. It will be hoisted on our capital fort. Afterall, it's stitched by the Queen - by my wife."

Chandrashekhar heard a clap behind him. Sripad got up and sat next to him -

" You are so possessive about her and flag given by her. Then why don't you confers your love for that girl. I have seen the desire to meet you in Vahini Saheb's eyes. Even she awaits to meet you."

"But Matoshri says that till she completed her Ritushuddhi, we can't bring her here. And afterall, I don't like her. I respect her flag. Nothing much... Now I request you to retire to your room. Good night !!"

"Good night... Hopefully you will realise your feelings one day."

__________________________

Another update !!
What do you people think ? Will Chandrashekhar ever realise and confess his love to Yatee ? Does Yatee have same feelings for him ?

Answers to many such in next update soon.
Till then, stay safe, take care and lots of love 💕

____________________________

Thanks to all my readers... It's my first ever story and I'm glad that you all are liking it...
Once again special thanks to magicallovely