||१७||

Chandrashekhar P.O.V.

"Shush... Don't disturb her... She is busy in observing her husband." Kanta tai spoke from behind.

"Not only Vahini Saheb, but someone else is also busy observing my sister." It was Ramchandra. He usually spoke very less and is the most mature man. But now he is taunting me!! Not done

"You are from bride's family. So you cannot taunt our groom, okay." Kanta spoke with a grin.

Everyone was joking and laughing. Most of the senior people were just simply sitting and grinning so no one was there to control these people. Suddenly my attention diverted towards Ramchandra who made an announcement.

"Okay everyone. So be seated at your places and keep calm. Now you all will be able to have a look at my dear sister, Yateebai."

Yes. Yatee is the dear sister of Ram even though she calls him as brother in law. He is like a son of Madhav Kaka and Madhu Kaki. He never had any brother or sister as his mother died during child birth. Madhu Kaki grew him. He parted from them when he was 8 and Yatee 2. But still, they are connected to each other. Yatee held hand of Ram as the partition was lowered.

Damn!! She is so beautiful !!

We took a few glances at each other when Radha akka broke the silence of the room.

"Wait a minute. This has to be a mistake. She is an ordinary poor fortuned girl. Someone is playing with you, Raje. She can never be a Queen."

"No Kaki. You are wrong. My sister is the wedded wife of Chandrashekhar. Yes, I call him by his name because as Yatee is my dear sister, even he has grown up in front of me. And enough of your taunts. We know all of them. You cannot treat anyone on the basis of their cast or colour in this kingdom. Now please, take your fallen pride and face and get out of this room. Make place for Queen to move towards her fellow countrymen." Ramchandra spoke with angered, bloodshot red eyes.

Yatee P.O.V.

I was so much happy after listening to Ramchandra Bhauji. It was for the first time that someone has spoken up for me.

"Thank you, Bhauji." I whispered near Ramchandra Bhauji.

"Not Bhauji anymore. Please resume calling me Dada. I miss that." He said with a big smile.

Soon I was taken to the court. Many people were standing right from the entrance upto the throne. A guard made the announcement of the arrival :

"Attention, King of Swatantra Bharat, Chandrashekhar Raje, along with Queen of Swatantra Bharat, Rani Yatee Bai Saheb are arriving."

Everyone stood up straight when we were escorted upto the throne. Swami said something to Ramchandra Dada and he went near the throne. After that, even I was taken near his throne. I bent down near the first step to bow down in front of that huge responsibility. I was scared to just go near that throne. Swami took my hand in his. As if, he understood my dear and to calm he took my handin his. He made me stand beside him in front of the throne and made an announcement :

"Today, on this evening, I, Chandrashekhar Raje Shirke Patil, declare Yatee Bai Saheb, my better half, as the authorised Queen of Swatantra Bharat. She has the rights to rule this court and kingdom, even before me, as she is the righteous owner of this Kingdom. Exactly two months ago, this state lost its late ruler Pankaj Kumar. I'm proud to say that not me, but your Queen, Yatee Bai Saheb was the one, who brought an end to his ill rule and regulations. I hope, that my countrymen will accept her as their new Queen."

After he spoke, there was a pin drop silence in that huge court. Suddenly, I heard Sripad Bhauji giving a call of victory :

"राणी यती बाईसाहेबांचा विजय असो!! राजे चंद्रशेखर रावांचा विजय असो!!"
(Hail Queen of Swatantra Bharat, Yatee Bai Saheb !! Hail King of Swatantra Bharat, Chandrashekhar Raje !!)

And the croud repeated after him. I was showered with flowers from the galleries of that hall. Ramchandra Bhauji and Narayan Bhauji came upto us and requested us to take our seats on the throne. As we took a seat, the royal priest came in front and declared the date of coronation :

"After one and half months, on the most auspicious day of Gudipadava, on the beginning of the new year, we are glad to invite each and every one of this Kingdom to the coronation ceremony of Raje Chandrashekhar and Rani Saheb Yatee Bai."

Everyone clapped with joy and I was overwhelmed by this. So many people came forward to meet me. I had never undergone so much love and care. Mothers of Sripad Bhauji, Narayan Bhauji and Yashomaan Bhauji came forward to bless me and hand me some gifts which they had brought for me.

After that, we were taken to the dining room. A set of wooden tables and stools were arrangedin the dining room. Soon everyone gathered for the dinner. Few helpers along with Sasubai and myself started to server various dishes. I had prepared the same dish which I had made eight years ago, the Masale Bhat. Along with that, I had even cooked some Kheer and Vegetable Curry. Everyone loved the food. Ramchandra Dada came upto me and appreciated my Kheer. I knew he would like it because he loved Kheer very much. But a small compliment came in the form of a whisper when I was talking to Ramchandra Dada.

"Neither you, nor your Masale Bhat, nothing has changed in past eight years." I looked behind to see Swami passing by. He turned behind to give me his most sweet smile I had ever seen. His smile got hidded under his moustache but it was noticable. That was still, my best compliment since past eight years.

We all ladies had a jolly time during the dinner. I made a new, sweet friend during that time. Lakshmi was her name. She was wife of Narayan Bhauji and daughter of Dhanaji Kaka. She was as old as me and we five, i.e., Kanta tai, Mohini, Kumudini Bai, Lakshmi Bai and myself made an awesome friend circle among us.

After the programme, I was taken to my chamber. Yet I had to shift into Swami's room. Soon I changed into a simple saree for Night. I removed my jewelry and took a nice, warm bath. I wore just my small nuptial chain and my anklets and was about to go to sleep when I heard someone in the gallery of the room.

"Are you going to bed ? I wanted to talk to you Bai Saheb." It must be Sadashiv speaking in husky voice, for sure.

"Sadashiv, enough of this hide and seek. Wait in the gallery. I'm coming there." I took a shawl and went to the gallery, only to find Swami there.

"Swami, you here ?"

______________________

Another update !!

Which was the most interesting partof this update ?
Do let me know in the comments.

Also, what do you feel, how will be Chandrashekhar's explanation of acting like Sadashiv?
What will be Yatee's reaction on it?

Next update soon...

Till then, stay safe, take care and lots of love 💕