||२३||

Chandrashekhar P.O.V.

I woke up due to the chirping birds. Everyday, few birds came in the balcony and sung melodies. I woke up everyday along with them. But wait a minute, I was alone in the room ? Where is Yatee? Maybe she woke up. Silly me! I got up from the bed and went towards the dressing room to chance into my practice wear.

I entered the room in a sleepy state. I was about to take my clothes from the room when I heard someone walking towards the room. I was only wearing my dhoti so I hid behind the pillar. The sound of anklets was becoming more clear. Someone was walking faster than usual, maybe tiptoed somewhere. I heard the door was opened and I became more aware. But the main door of the room was closed.

I looked in the front to find someone coming out of the bathing room. Both the rooms were connected by a small door. It must be Yatee. I was about to exit the room but my brain suddenly stopped working.

I was lost in her. She wore a light yellow saree. Pretty basic and plain. Her hair, tied up in a bun. She wore only her small nuptial chain, green glass bangles and very small earrings. She wiped her face and applied Kumkum to her forehead. My heart skipped a beat at her smile. Her smile, that damn smile!! She will kill me one day with her smile.

She turned to the left of the room. I followed her by being behind the pillars. She went near a huge trunk and she stopped while bending. Seems like she sensed my presence behind her. She was about to turn around when I exited the room. Phew!! I was saved. I took my weapons and left hurriedly to the practice.

Yatee P.O.V.

I felt like someone was there behind me. I turned around to check but no one was there. I noticed the curtains dancing due to the air. I must have felt them. Well, I've skipped my practice for about a week. I've got to know that we have a special practice area here. Maybe, I will work out there. Let's see... What shall I take today ? Hmm... Let's begin with the swords first. It's been almost few weeks since I've not used them. This will turn out great, I guess.

It wasn't sunrise yet. But the sun rays dominated the sky turning it into twilight. I moved out of the room and went outside the palace towards the practice area.

The practice area was behind the horse's stable. I had asked Sripad Bhauji yesterday. I walked towards it. Most of the palace was waking up. Still, many asleep. I could hear something from the kitchen.

Soon I reached the practice area. I could hear people practicing various weapons. I entered the arena. It was huge ! It consisted of a huge ground behind the palace and a short, enclosed building on the right. I traced the entire area to find a familiar face, and I found it. Dhanaji Kaka... I was seeing him almost after a decade. He hasn't changed. Same style of dressing, long moustache, eyes wrinkled and aged but holding tons of experience. I went near him and stood there. I had placed my sword outside the area, near my horse. One of the trainees called him and said someone is waiting behind him. Neither the trainees, nor Dhanaji Kaka, no one recognised me.

"Yes, how can I help you lady?" He asked while turning around.

"I am here finding someone."

"Whom you are finding, your husband, brother or someone else ?"

"Neither of them. I am finding my Dhanaji Kaka. Is he here?" I said and slowly bent down to touch his feet.

"God bless... Wait... Yatee ?" He pulled me up to have a look at me.

"My dear child ! You have grown so much ! I got to know you returned but didn't got a chance to meet you. How are you ? And how is my friend, Madhav ?" He said while we sat down on the nearby bench.

"Everyone is fine at Giripur. Soon they will visit here. Now tell me, how are you all?"

"What you see is reality ! We all are super fine here. I train the new soldiers here, Jayapalrao helps through the political issues, these young men, Sripad and rest three are now ministers in the court and under Chandrashekhar, we all are happy." He said while patting my head.

We were having a good talk when suddenly someone from the trainees came upto us.

"Dhanaji Rao, come fast, one of our trainees have mastered a move which you taught. He wants to show you whether it is correct or not."

Dhanaji Kaka left in a jiffy. He asked me to wait for him. I got up to go near my horse when that trainee motioned me to have a seat.

"Don't go ahead, young lady. It is a dangerous place. You may end up getting hurt. Ask me something, I will provide you. Afterall, I'm the best student of Dhanaji Rao." He muttered.

"Okay, if you are the best student here, then take me where my Kaka Saheb has gone." I got up and he guided me.

Majority of men there didn't knew me. I had been here for a week but I've not been around the palace yet.

He went ahead and taking a chance, I turned back and took my sword from the back of my horse.

We went near the centre of the ground. He took me there while motioning others to stop when we neared them. I saw Dhanaji Kaka teaching a move of Dandpatta fighting to one of the students.

"It may not be easy for you to understand what's going on. Dhanaji Rao is teaching him a complex move which is used to give a double shot wound to the opponent." He explained me as if I'm completely naive to weapons.

I loved playing his game. I pretended I knew nothing of these weapons and was resisting to smile more. He was explaining me everything like I'm a newbie. Soon he was done with explaining and asked me if I need more information.

"No. I guess I've understood the concept. Now I will apply it. Will you have a duel with me, Mr. Best student ?" I asked him, now trying more hard to cover my smile.

"What, a duel with you ? Hahaha... It will be nuisance but I'm a brave soldier of Raje. And we never disappoint our opponent. So be ready."

Soon the area around us cleared and both of us took our positions to start.

Chandrashekhar P.O.V.

I was doing my daily practice in the practice tower when suddenly I felt silence around the tower. I was about to check why everyone turned silent when Sripad rushed to me.

"Chandrashekhar, come down fast. Vahini Saheb has challenged one of the soldiers down for a duel."

"What ? I mean why she challenged him ? " We talked as we were going downstairs.

"He was boasting around her and was overacting. She took it as fun initially but when he started to dominate her, she challenged him."

We reached the ground. I could hear people whispering. Soon, we were near the duel zone. I stood aback when I heard someone muttering near me.

"Be careful man. She's a mere lady."

The student didn't knew that he was challenged in a Dandpatta duel by the master of that weapon, Yatee.

_______________________

Another update !!

Exited for Yatee's first fight scene ?

What will be the students' view when he learns that Yatee isn't any ordinary lady but their Queen ?

Next update soon....

Till then, stay safe, take care and lots of love 💕