||४३||

Do check out the author's note at the end :)

And if you have missed voting on any chapter of this book, do vote :) We are close to reach almost 1.5 K votes !!

_____________________________

After the sound of metal pot falling to the floor, a loud knock was heard outside the cottage. Chandrashekhar helped Yatee to lay back on her bed. He went towards the door and opened it. It was the village head Guru. He looked red with anger. He held Chandrashekhar's arm and pulled him out of the cottage.

"How dare you try to harm my sister ? What if she's injured ? Her brother, this Guru is here to protect her. If anything wrong has happened to her, I won't forgive you !" Guru said as he shouted at Chandrashekhar.

"But listen to me..." Chandrashekhar tried to speak, but in vain.

"Don't give me any explanation. The blood stains on your dress gives a proof that you are a culprit. Wait, let me call Acharya..." Guru said but he was stopped by Acharya Vishwa himself as he heard Guru's loud screams.

"What is happening here ? Is this a way to treat our guests Guru ?" Acharya said as he stood in between two men.

"This student of your, this man was trying to harm my sister, my Uma. Look, look at his blood stained dress..." Guru said as he pointed towards Chandrashekhar.

"Chandra (abbreviation for Chandrashekhar), why is there blood on your clothes ?" Acharya asked as he faced Chandrashekhar.

Everyone, along with Ramchandra, Narayan, Shreyansh along with other ladies gathered at the point.

"Let me explain..." Chandrashekhar tried to speak again but he was interrupted by Guru.

"Don't listen to his excuses. I'm sure he's working with Nadiabaad. I've seen him grabbing the unconscious body of Uma..." Guru said as a soft but strong voice was heard.

"Stop quarreling !" It was Yatee. She stood at the entrance of the cottage with the support of the door but her feet denied to support her.

"Mami Saheb !! (Maternal Aunt !!)"

"Matoshri !! (Mother !!)"

Her injured body was about to collapse when two strong, young men held her. They were Shreyansh and Kartik. Atharva pulled a nearby chair for her to sit.

"What do you mean by Matoshri ? Can anyone explain what all is going on here ?" Guru asked, confused with everything he saw.

But no one responded him. Two other ladies came from behind with water for Yatee. Dhara bai and Srikanta went ahead with water. Ramchandra went to call Acharya as he was treating Yatee.

Yatee was still weak but she stood up and went towards Guru.

"I am sorry to hide everything from you. Please, if possible, forgive me Guru." Yatee said as she stood in front of him.

"You are like my elder sister. You don't need to say sorry. But first let me know what is the truth ?" Guru said as he held her hand.

"The one to whom you were accusing to harm me wasn't harming me. He would never harm be because he's my husband. To whom I have tied my knot years ago..." Yatee said as Chandrashekhar stood besides her.

"I am sorry. I didn't knew that. But why didn't you let me know about him ? I would have sent you there with complete security." Guru said.

"I couldn't enter my country. Katalkhan and his army were searching for me. And as soon as they would know that I'm alive and reached there safely, they would have called a war against my country and this village because I was the only person who knew about their evil plans to destroy this village." Yatee said as she explained everything to Guru, as well as others.