Chapter 2

I sat quietly as the red liquid emerged from my wrist. The only thing that was being heard was my soft breathing and the low hum of the car. Once I added another two cuts and they finished bleeding, I cleaned my blade with a napkin I found in the mess of my car, and put it back in the drawer. Pulling my sleeve back up I stepped on the gas while I drove to school.

     The car ride to school was 30 minutes, so I turned up the radio and started to listen to my old time favorite singer Ed Sheeran. I saw him in concert once. It was the best experiance of my life! Ed has such a sweet voice and I even got the chance to meet him backstage. Ed Sheeran is a really fun guy to hang out with because he doesn't act like all those celebrities who say "oh look at me I'm rich and famous". He kind of just plays it cool.

   My mind raced back to reality from thinking of Ed Sheeran when I finally saw the red light approaching. If I hadn't snapped back I would've surely ran the light. I finally got to my school, just 2 minutes before the bell rang and class was starting. I took a quick glance over to my crush, Danny and found him pretending to write notes, but actually doodling some drawings. Danny was so cute. His black hair covering his forhead, crystal blue eyes watching everything around him.. he was beautiful. I quickly looked away when he lifted his head and sighed. I knew I never had a chance with him. Class finally began and out teacher Mr. Henries started talking about President George Washington.

     I droned out his voice and stared down at my freshly made cuts. I ran my fore finger over it, wincing with my own touch. 

"Piper?"

     I was surprised to hear my name coming from the front room. I wasn't paying attention but I was asuming that Mr. Henries was expecting some kind of answer. I stayed slumped in my chair in silence. I hoped he would just choose somebody else, and I hoped hard enough. He sighed and said "Ashleigh?" She gave him the correct answer, as always, so I continued to touch my cuts. The pain felt so good and it made me crave more of it. I reached for my pocket, finding a blade I've placed there earlier. I looked at it and sighed. I couldn't cut. Not here. With everyone around. I just couldn't.

     The school day was finally over and to my surprise, I didn't get beat up today. I did get slapped a couple times at home, but still, nothing compared to what I usually get. Ashleigh and Missy must have both been in a very good mood. I sat on my bed and did my homework, not understanding any of it. I just wanted the day to end. 

And the next day.

And the next week.

And the next month.

And the next year.