Chapter 10

sorry for such a long wait ..

───────────────────────

Flashbacks from last night finally started entering my head. The cutting, the man, the smoking, it all makes sense now. Remembering the message Liam sent me, I finished getting dressed and checked my phone. Still no reply. I went downstairs to be greeted by Missy and my dad at the kitchen table.

"Morning" said my dad in the middle of drinking his coffee.

I gave him a slight nod as a way of saying good morning. For some reason, after seeing Missy eat her breakfast, I lost my appetite.

"I'm going out to the park with some friends" I slowly added after a couple seconds of silence.

"What friends?" Missy said with a smirk.

"Missy." my dad added with a rude look. Finally he sees the evil in her!

With that, I left the house and started walking to the park. Half of what I said was true. I was going to the park, but with what friends? None; I have no friends.

Just then my phone vibrated. I almost jumped at the vibration. I slid my phone out of my picket and unlocked it to find a message from Liam.

"turn around"

My eyes quickly scanned the area, then I turned around. There he was; standing at 5'11 in his plaid long sleeved shirt and jeans.

"Did you follow me?" I said with a sharp edge to my voice.

"No I-"

"Why didn't you answer your text messages. You had me worried sick" I burst out.

He looks at me with those beautiful puppy dog eyes.

"No... I was going to the park. And I saw you" he finally said.

I stared at him. I examined him. His brown eyes staring into mine. I couldn't stop thinking about him. Maybe I did have feelings for him that I should show. No. 6 days. Only 6 days.

"One more day until a week" he says as if he read my mind, "then will you actually show what feelings you have for me?"

"Why did you say sorry?" I asked.

"Oh" he replies, staring at his feet.

"I just... I relapsed" he finally says.

At this point we were sitting under a tree at the park. I wanted to see his cuts. But how would I do that? Should I just ask him to see his cuts? Should I wait to see if he shows me? I want - no I NEED to see the pain I put him through; the pain that he decided to show on his body.

"How much did you cut?" I ask, hoping that would leave a clue of me wanting to see.

Without hesitating, Liam rolled up his sleeve and revealed a giant slash from his wrist down to the inside of his elbow. I flinched at the sight. It was deep and fresh. It made me want some more myself.

"Liam," I said, "look away."

"Wait... why?"

"Please."

He did as I asked. I grabbed the blade that was in my pocket. I aimed the point at my wrist and started cutting down, making a slash just like his. I winced in pain, and this got his attention.

"NO!" he shouted. He grabbed the blade and threw it somewhere in the pond. I screamed out as I saw my precious blade hit the surface of the water. Liam grabbed me- and I mean GRABBED me and held me. He held me so tight.

"Please don't ever do that again" he said, tears rolling down his face.

I cuddled up against him and he held me tighter. I could stay here for hours. Forever in his toned muscular arms; and I did.

────────────

sorry if it was too short! i tried haha(: