Chapter 6

(Piper's Point of View)

Scream was all I could do.

Where was I?

My eyes traveled like lightning , trying to figure out where I was.

Doctors were all around me, needles were stuck in my arm, machines were everywhere. I made out the bed I was lying on, so I figured out I was in a hospital. Why was I in a hospital? The last thing I remember was lying on the ground, with a beautiful brown-eyed boy.

The doctors were trying to calm me down, but I couldn't. I was in a hospital and I didn't know why. One of the doctors tried holding my arms down... I ended up swinging at his head. 

"Please calm down Piper!" spat the female doctor with long brown hair and bright green eyes.

"No!" I said, struggling to get out of here. That's when I saw the beautiful boy again. I saw his worried eyes through the window, and the lady with the bright green eyes saw my glance towards him. She whispered something to all the other doctors and they all left the room, leaving me speechless. 

A couple minutes passed, and the beautiful boy came in. He sat down in the chair right next to my bed. 

"Hello love.." he whispered slowly with his deep British accent. 

I looked at him awkwardly, then spoke. "Who are you... and why did you help me?"

"I'm Liam. I saw you were in trouble. That girl could have killed you if she kept pounding on your face. I had to help you. A beautiful girl like you doesn't deserve that." he told me.

"That's very polite of you... but I get that everyday. At home and after school." I didn't mean for that last sentence to come out of my mouth. He stared at me teary eyed.

"I know your secret" he whispered. I stared at him with confusion in my eyes. He lifted up his sleeve and revealed some scratches himself. I gasped in horror. Such a beautiful boy cuts himself? 

"Why?" I managed to squeak out. 

"Family problems" he replied, pulling his sleeve back down without making eye contact. A small tear escaped out of the corner of my eye. I wanted to say something... but I didn't exactly know what to say. We sat there for a couple more minutes, until he opened his mouth to speak.

"Why was she hurting you" he asked. It took me a while to figure out who he was talking about, but then I remembered. Ashleigh. 

"I started it. I deserved what she gave me" I replied slowly, staring down at the floor. His eyes widened. They were so beautiful. They kind of reminded me of this puppy dog kind of look. 

"No one deserves to be hurt, love. There has to be a reason why you started" he told me. There was. I told him the whole story. My whole story; my mom, Missy abusing me, Ashleigh bullying me, the picture, the punch, the fight. This took about 30 minutes to explain.

By the time I finished, Liam was crying. Tears were streaming down his perfect face, and he wiped them away with the back of his hand. 

"I'm so sorry love... you deserve so much better." He told me. At this point tears were falling down my face. We were interrupted by 3 doctors. 

"Sorry if we've interrupted something" said one doctor with short black hair and brown eye. He came towards us and told Liam that it was time for him to go, and that someone has come to pick me up. 

"Who?" I asked furiously. 

"Someone names Missy Walker?" they told me, "she claims to be your stepmother."

Liam turned his head my ways and stared at me with those huge puppy dog eyes.

"Yes..." I mumbled miserably. Liam was escorted out of the room, and Missy walked in, making sure to bump his shoulder. He stumbled backwards, looking at her evilly.

"Oh Piper! Your father and I have been worried sick!" said Missy, acting like the nice mother she will never be. I smiled at her sarcasticaly and got out of the bed after the doctors removed the machines and needles. 

*******************

Surprisingly, Missy hasn't said a word, until the last bit of the car ride.

"Get ready for the hardest beating" she said, adding a hard slap to my face.

We pulled up at the driveway and I went inside, Missy right behind me. While I was on my way to the living room to get beat up, I stopped in front of the mirror. I looked horrible. My lip was parted in half, little stitches were covering my face, and two black and  blue eyes. Ashleigh got me good. Missy was about to make me look even worse. 

"Little bitch! Get your ass in here!" shouted Missy from the living room. 

As soon as I stepped into the living room, I was greeted with a punch in the torso. 

"This is what you get for getting beat up you little bitch" she added with a push so hard that I fell to the ground. 

***************

I limped up the stairs with new bruises and scratches. I really wanted to cut. That's what I'd do.

I got to my room and locked the door. I reached into my pocket, hoping to find my blade, but that's not what I found. Instead, I found a note. It read: 

Hey love, please don't hurt yourself, you're perfect. 

555-6258

~Liam Payne

I somehow found myself smiling at this, and lost my sudden urge to cut.