Chapter 3

After finishing my homework, which I totally didn't understand, I raced down the brown ebony staircase to get my laptop, then came back upstairs to my bed. I positioned myself on my bed so I was being held up by my elbows as my agile fingers worked on the keyboard, I typed in "tumblr.com". I quietly scrolled through my dashboard until it was about eight o' clock, which was when Missy called my name. 

"Piper Woods get your ass down here!"

I cringed at my name being called. I knew what this meant, another pointless beating. To my surprise she was drunk, this seemed completely normal. I groaned and closed my computer, making my way effortlessly down the staircase. I was greeted with a hot alcoholic breath coming from Missy's mouth. I held my breath for what seemed like an hour, until Missy kicked me with all her force. I felt a sharp pain  echo through my stomach as I fell to the floor. I felt a sharp kick on the left side of my body and I let out a loud cry.

Bad mistake.

I heard my dad's bedroom door open as he screamed "What happened?!"

Missy's mood changed from being a bitch to being a "caring mother". 

My dad came down and gasped. "What did you do Missy?" 

"I didn't do anything love! I was in the kitchen watching the television, when all I hear is bumping, and a loud cry. I came over to see our little princess on the floor. I think she fell down the stairs!" 

I couldn't believe what I was hearing - and my dad believed it. He came downstairs to where I was laying in pain. I was in too much pain to respond to him when he asked "Is this true?" I just layed there. In pain. Feeling alone, with everyone in the room. Feeling unwanted, and feeling unsafe.

I'm still waiting for things to get better, like they do in my dreams... but that will never happen. I'll always me like this:

Alone

Miserable 

and Unwanted.