Chapter 8

I slowly pulled away from our kiss and was left to see a gleaming beautiful boy.

"That was..." I started.

"Perfect" we said in unison.

We both smiled and he pulled me in for another kiss. I felt his soft lips slowly move in contact with mine, his tongue searching every part of my mouth. At this point I knew he was mine. Liam was mine. He pulled away, gasping for breath and whispered in my ear.

"I love you"

I smiled at his sentence, but then I frowned... Liam and I have been seeing each other for about 5 days, and we've already had our kiss. Isn't this too soon?

"Love?" Liam asked me with a worried look in his eyes, "are you okay?"

"Liam..." I started, "I can't do this... this is too soon..." I managed to finish.

He glared at me with confusion in his eyes, "What?"

"We just met... I think this is too soon.." I mumbled.

He nodded, his bright smile turning into a frown.

"Maybe I should take you home now.." he mumbled.

We walked outside and he opened the door of his car for me to get in. He got in and pulled the shift of the car to reverse and pulled out of the parking spot. The car ride to my house was completely silent except for the two words Liam had told me.

"Bye Piper."

****

I looked back at the car driving away and stepped into the house with tears streaming down my face. Why would I say that to Liam? I mean ... yeah.. I did have feelings for Liam, but we just met. We should at least wait for about a week or so.

"Piper Wood! Where the hell have you been?" shouted Missy.

"At the mall with a friend. Didn't dad tell you? He said he was going-"

"Just shut your mouth and go get me a beer" she interrupted.

I sighed in relief, happy that Missy hadn't hurt me... yet. I made my way to the kitchen and opened the fridge. As soon as I looked in the fridge I saw bottles of beer everywhere; empty, halfway, and full. I grabbed a couple full bottles and handed them to Missy.

I walked upstairs and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I let the warm water fall on my skin, removing all of my worries. My hands moved through my brown locks, making sure to wash them correctly. When I finished, I walked into my room and changed into my pajamas.

As I was drying my hair with my towel, I saw my phone illuminate with a small glow. I reached over to my desk and slid the screen to reveal a message from Liam. It said two words. "I'm sorry"

"Why?" I replied to him.

"I'm not what you wanted"

"of course you are. you're perfect Liam"

"then why did you deny me? why did you deny our kiss?"

"bc I just think its a little bit too soon since we just met"

"okay"

And that was the end of our conversation.

I felt so bad. Why was I such a horrible person? Liam had feelings for me and I just totally let him down. I pushed him away when all he was trying to do is help me. Get me away from this hellhole I call life. He was there for me.

But I just keep pushing him away.

______________ 

Authors note:

Sorry it was a short chapter guys , I'll try to make the next one longer ! xx