9 | "If I Took Off His Shirt, Would I Get Arrested?"

Chapter Nine
   "If I Take Off His Shirt, Will I Get Arrested?"

"the thing women have yet to learn is
nobody gives you power. you just take it."
— roseanne barr

┏━━━━━━━┓

The second my lips touched his, I felt my heart hammering in my chest. Daemon was frozen against me, but he didn't pull away.

Slowly, I moved back but kept my eyes closed. My hands remained on his neck while I breathed out, and with all my strength, I lifted my heavy eyelids.

When my eyes slid to his, I stopped breathing.

His mouth hovered over mine, and for the first time since I'd met him, his expression was anything but calm. My pulse raced more by the second now, seeing his eyes focused on my parted lips before attentively shifting his gaze.

"I..." I tried to form an apology, but my words were cut off by a low growl—coming from him.

And before I could realize, Daemon took my face with one hand and covered his mouth with mine, this kiss more demanding than the last.

It wasn't soft, and it wasn't loving. Our lips were fixed with a primal need. For each other. And the moment they met, every inch of my skin felt like a flaming torch was covering my body.

The sounds surrounding us was muffled, and all I could hear, feel and smell was Daemon. His deep grunt when my mouth parted enough for him to thrust his tongue inside, commanding the kiss. He was invading every part of me, and I welcomed it with open arms.

My legs nearly gave out from under me, and he must have noticed because his other hand moved to my waist before crashing us against the wall, his weight still pressed against me.

I dug my nails into his neck and moaned against him. His chest rumbled against me before he took my bottom lip between his teeth and pulled, and my body reacted positively when I felt heat pool between my legs.

His hand moved off my face, and I leaned my head back against the wall when I felt traces of his fingers lingering on my collarbone. I felt the air leave my body when he brushed the strap of my dress off my shoulder before diving in, scraping his teeth against my flesh.

The heat of his breath against my skin made my whole body shiver. Unconsciously, I moved my hands into his hair to keep him in place. A whimper escaped me when he suddenly began landing open-mouthed kisses on the curve of my shoulder and collarbone before sucking.

I was clenching my thighs by the time he was done with his assault on my neck, and still keeping my eyes closed, I tugged his hair hard, so his head was close to mine again.

When our lips met again, it was just as rushed as before.

In that moment, I wondered how it was possible that the coldest man I knew could make me feel like my cells were scorching.

His hand clasped the front of my neck lazily and tilted my head, so his teeth could graze against my jaw. My chest was rising and falling harder by the second as I rocked into him, lost in lust.

"Rose." His voice was unnaturally hoarse against my cheek, and I shivered from his warm breath caressing my face.

I felt possessed, especially when I clasped his cheeks and brought his mouth to mine again. Because he tasted so goddamn good—like pine and oak mixed together.

He growled against me. "Fuck."

His chest was hard against mine, and I felt my nipples hardening. Especially when his free hand dipped to the hem of my dress.