3 | "Look Who's Using Bad Words"

Chapter Three
"Look Who's Using Bad Words"

"pain shapes a woman
into a warrior,"
~ r.h. sin

┏━━━━━━━┓

I think papa was already tired of me. Perfect.

Nobody brought up what happened two days ago, so I did the same. After training with Vladik, who hadn't said anything, and Lev, who was scaringly good for someone so young, we went to breakfast.

Micah hadn't showed. Of course, the prodigal son didn't need training. He was already amazing.

The meal was silent. Until I turned to papa and smiled innocently. "I want to swim today."

His reply was swift as he took another bit of his food. "No."

"Why not?" I demanded, straightening my back against the chair.

He took his time chewing, still reading whatever the fuck that was on his phone. "Because I said so," was all he said before continuing to eat.

For a few moments, I just stared at him soberly. None of my brothers spoke, so the room was silent. Until I started chuckling softly, almost menacingly.

The air shifted from there, with Vladik straightening in his seat next before papa finally turned his cold expression to me. "Is something funny, Roza?" Although he spoke casually, I heard a certain edge to his tone.

I kept my smile in place before shrugging lazily. "Come on, papa. It's a pool. On our property. You might keep me inside the house easily, but you and I both know I can sneak away and go there anyways."

His jaw clenched but he said nothing, so I exhaled longingly. "More work for me then—"

"Fine. But Mr. Kade will be in the room with you. Yasha will guard the door from the outside." Just in case I tried to leave. I knew what he was suggesting.

But hearing papa acknowledge Daemon's presence made me swallow hard. I tried to ignore the fact that the person who betrayed me was standing in the same room as me. Alive. Unscathed.

Unbothered that he hurt me.

So after grumbling an almost unrecognizable, "Fine," I finished munching on my food before going to my room, with the two men following behind.

Since my luggage had already been backed in New York, with the plan of me leaving the city, my family brought it to Russia. Which was why I had my newer suits in the closet.

I found my black, laced-up swimsuit and shoved my hair in a bun before stomping out of my room. I forced myself not to look at Daemon as I exited my wing before heading down the stairs. A few corridors later, I pushed passed a set of doors before entering the large space.

The room itself had gold painted arched ceilings, but the other half of the walls were white. The space itself was bigger than my studio apartment and Sydelle's place combined, with a bunch of sunlight coming from the windows overlooking the acres of land.

There were a few towels on the shelves pressed against the wall, along with seats and couches around the pool.

Behind me, I heard a door close, before only one pair of feet slid forward quietly.