Chapter 2: If Cupid's Real, then the Tooth Fairy Should Be Too

Finally, school is over. I think I'm getting nauseous of the colors: red, pink and white. *shiver* I waved my friends goodbye and headed home. I need to burn off those calories from Janice's chocolates. I planned to cross a park, so I can meet Drew at my house.

Suddenly something zipped in front of me. I gasped, one second earlier and I would be having surgery to take what ever that was. I looked at where it should have landed. Oh god, the thing landed on some guy's back. I looked closer and it looked like an arrow. Amazingly, he didn't notice because he was too busy making out with his girlfriend. Ugh, get a room.

Then I saw another arrow hit some girl who was talking to some guy. But she didn't notice it either. Instead she slapped his face and walked away. The guy ran after her saying, "But I still love you!" The guy had an arrow on his back, too.

What is this? Are they acting out some scene? But it's probably nothing, it's Valentine's Day. All couples act like this. I saw another arrow hit another couple. I looked at the direction where it came from, and I was speechless.

He was around my age, but I never saw him around before. He has light blond hair and deep blue eyes. He has a short hairstyle only a bit longer at the front. And cuter. He was wearing a Greek tunic that came above the knees and is supported my one strap that hung over his shoulder. The tunic itself showed that he had, abs. He had knee high gladiator boots.And was armed with a golden longbow and a quiver filled with arrows. If it were up to me, he was dressing up as Cupid.

Normally I would continue walking, never having a second though of this weird but cute guy. But there was one thing that really caught my attention. Something that no one in the street of Los Angeles doesn't even bother to just glance at. He has wings.

I walked over to me, amazed at his beautiful white wings. I want to ask him where he bought such realistic wings. I can use it for Halloween. Then I thought that if I asked him, where he got those wings. He would reply, Red Bull gave me wings. 

He was calmly sitting on the bench, looking pretty bored. Then he noticed something and got what looked like a golden arrow.

He was trying to set it up when I asked him, "So where did you get those wings?"

He was startled by me and accidentally had the arrow pierce his hand.

"Oh crap," he muttered to himself. "What am I going to do?"

"Are you okay?" I asked.

In reflex he pulled out a gray arrow and shot me. Thanks to dodge ball skills, I dodged the arrow just in time. Though it grazed my arm. When it hit me I felt a wave of annoyance and anger at me.

"Why the hell did you do that for?" I exclaimed.

He looked at me weirdly, then quickly looked away. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that."

"Sorry isn't going to cut it. I could have died!"

He started to laugh. "Die? Why will you die?"

"Oh I don't know," I said rolling my eyes. "This razor sharp arrow almost went through me, I'm kind of traumatized right now."

"My arrows? What are you talking about? They're harmless."

"Oh, I'm sorry to offend you Green Arrow."

"I'm not Green Arrow, as you can see." He motioned to himself. "I don't have a hint of green on me."

"Okay then, who are you?"

"I'm Cupid," he said proudly.

I couldn't help it and burst out laughing. "You, you think you're Cupid."