Chapter 5: Love Trapped, Shouldn't It Be the Other Way Around?

"Help," I moaned pathetically.

I waited for a reply like, 'I'm here dear Erik, let me rescue you from the prison you call the recording room.' I snorted, I shouldn't keep my hopes that high.

I tried again. "Help."

Nope nothing. I groaned and slumped against the door. I should have seen this coming, pushing Juliette's button and she locked me in the school's recording room. I opened my phone, yes, Cupid has a phone. I sighed, no signal and it's 5 p.m. School's out, it's unlikely that anyone will still be here. Looks like I'm trapped here and will have to spend the night at school.

Most people get trapped in love, but I never heard love getting trapped.

Juliette has my weapon that's in the form of a key chain. Even if she did this to me, I still trust her with it. I don't know why I do, I never knew my golden arrows can be so strong. And neither did I know my lead arrows were so strong too. Now Juliette hates me more than she will ever be. Nice job, Cupid.

I feel like a really stupid Cupid, I chuckled at that thought. I was surprised when I heard Juliette's voice in the loudspeaker talking like a radio host. And when she played that song that she knows I absolutely hate. But I have to admit, it's pretty catchy.

Then something hit me. Juliette was in the loudspeaker, she does those 'Songs of the Hour' thing and announcements here... in this room. I slapped my forehead, why in love's name haven't I realize this!

I stood up and walked over to the desk. I turned on the announcement mike.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I said into the mike. "My name is Erik Rosetta, and I'm a junior here. Er, this is kinda embarrassing but I'm trapped in the school's recording room. Can someone unlock it for me, I'm getting claustrophobic."

The last part was a lie, but it got me out of the room faster.

As soon as I turned the mike off, the door opened. The janitor was just as surprised as I was when he found me in the room.

I shooked his hand. "Thank's so much sir, I thought I'll be in there the whole night."

He looked behind me. "Sure son, but isn't there a lady friend with you?"

"Huh?"

"Well most of the time I encounter some young couple who were trying to find somewhere where they can fool around but end up accidentally locking themselves in."

I chuckled nervously. "Well the girl who was in here was the one who locked me in."

He gave a low whistle. "You're sure in the dog house."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Let me give you some man-to-man advice. Me having some experience, you should fix whatever boundary you went through with the miss."

"You're right, I need to fix this with Juliette.

He chuckled to himself. "I remember when I was young and in love."

I raised an eyebrow. "Got any crushes, old man?"

He laughed. "Well I do have one, Mildred, one of the school's lunch ladies. But heck, she never notices me."

I looked at him, when he thought of her his pie chart was 94%. When I see someone's pie chart I can also see how the other person feels about the other. And something tells me Mildred shares the same feeling, 91%.

"No need to hide anymore, go up and talk to her. I guarantee she feels the same about you."

He rubbed his chin. "You sure, kid? We only talk when it's our lunch break."