Chapter 3: DJ Jewelz Is In the House! School, I Mean

I looked at my hand. How can I be so reckless? I touched the golden arrow tip and not only that, I looked at Juliette, a human.

Thankfully, since I wasn't directly hit by my arrow, the effects will happen slowly. Even so, I'm going to fall for her, one way or another. Then I just had to hit her with my stupid lead arrows. At least it only grazed her, but the effects will happen slowly too.

I sighed, it's Valentine's Day. The most important day of the year, and I made one mistake after the next. Especially the one when I told her about me, but I had to. I'm going to need to keep an eye on her, I trust her with my secret. She's pretty smart, and probably doesn't want to look insane. Most of the time when someone sees me, like kids, seniors, or hopeless romantics that haven't found the one, they go around and tell people. But who will believe little kids, old guys going senile and, bachelors/bachelorettes whining about love that they saw Cupid?

But Juliette? She's not like any of them. She's so innocent, she thinks that she has her life planned out right then and there. And she's too oblivious about how that Drew looks at her, though she can do better than him. She doesn't give love a second thought, all she does is work. But that's going to change, she met Cupid.

She'll have to take a detour on that life plan of hers.

Someone shook me. "Juliette, wake up!"

I snorted awake from my dream of me signing autographs of my latest book and album.

"Why are you asleep?"

"Why are you awake?"

"I'm serious, Juliette."

"I. Need. Sleep."

I slightly looked up and saw Phoebe.

I groaned, "Whaddya want, Phoebe?"

"What are you doing in the school's recording room fast asleep?"

"I usually hang out here when it's my free period.." I said. "I thought you knew that already."

"I do, but you haven't done your 'Songs of the Hour.' Ms. Adams sent me to find what happened."

"Oh, sorry. I didn't get to sleep last night so I planned to crash during free period."

"Excuses, excuses. Just do your thing," and she left the recording room.

I sighed, I wanted to sleep really badly and decided to skip my 'Songs of the Hour.' This is how I keep up my popularity status, I'm the school's personal DJ, DJ Jewelz. (My friends came up with the name even though it's lame, but it sort of stuck.) I asked Ms. Adams if I could play songs through the school's sound system, I even offered to say the school announcements during that. She was so up for it, since she herself knows how boring the announcements are, and even bought me an $100 iTunes gift card, sweet deal right? Now I play songs for entertainment as long as the songs are clean and no heavy rapping.

I got my laptop and headphones from my backpack. I connected my laptop to the schools sound system and opened up VirtualDJ Home Free. I clicked the announcement mike on and tapped on it.

"Helloooo, students of Angeles Heights! This is you favorite person, DJ Jewelz!"

I picked up a piece of paper filled with announcements that Ms. Adams writes down for me. "We have a couple of announcements. Today's lunch is pepperoni pizza with tater tots, hope you enjoy. We have a transfer student in our school, so try not to bully him and so on. Coach George is looking for new recruits for the school's football team, tryouts start tomorrow. And we should all give a hand to the student committee who setted up the Valentine's Day Dance."