ᴛᴇɴ.

────── 〔✿〕──────

three days after she'd received her slot, byeol had another scheduled call with the enhypen members.

"why are you nervous? acting as if you've never spoken to them," she muttered to herself in japanese, finishing her makeup.

she glanced at the clock, fifteen minutes left.

breathe, breathe. you'll be fine.

five.

okay, you have everything ready? i hope so.

byeol set up her phone on her tripod once again, a small ringlight sat on the corner of her desk lit, giving her a little extra glow.

like last time, she'd only put effort in looking presentable from the waist up, her penguin pajama pants standing out like a sore thumb— but no one had to know, right?

her kakaotalk ringtone knocked her out of her daze, a small smile appearing on her face as she accepted the call. she was met with a white screen first, a small breath she didn't know she was holding leaving her lips. don't be nervous, there's no turning back now.

she waited a few seconds, jumping a bit out of surprise when jay appeared on the screen before her. "oh, hello, byeol!" he greeted, a bright smile on his face after he recognized the now familiar girl.

"hello~" she greeted back, her body physically relaxing as she spoke to the boy. hm. it's as if we've been best friends for forever? strange.

the two talked for the minute given, smiles on both their faces as they conversed. she waved with a saddened grin, waiting for the next member.

she'd eventually gotten through six of the members, now only waiting to talk with ni-ki. a feeling of nervousness was quick to rush through her system, her leg rising and falling at a fast pace as she stared at the covered screen.

she heard shuffling a few seconds later, straightening her posture right as the youngest appeared on the screen before her.

the two froze when they made eye contact, their heads feeling a sudden lightness— vision going black.

a mere second later, the pair regained consciousness, their eyes widening as the world seemed... brighter.

"uh.. that was.. weird?"
"yeah.. it was, byeol. how have you been?" ni-ki responded, initiating their now shortened call.

the two spoke like they'd known each other their entire lives, millions of questions appearing in both of their minds as time went on.

"well~ i hope to see you again soon! have a great day, byeol-ie!" ni-ki teased the girl, byeol jokingly scoffing. "yeah, yeah, maybe we'll meet for a third time, riki~ goodbye!" she called out, the staff member behind ni-ki's phone ending the call.

she let out a breath of relief, worry now clouding into her mind as she looked around her room.
"the world is so much.. brighter? has it always looked like this?"
she looked in the mirror, "why are my cheeks so pink?"

byeol walked out of her room, searching for her mom. "mom?"
"yes, byeolie?"

the girl explained what's happened while she was on call with ni-ki, her mom's eyes widening.
"oh my,"
byeol nodded, "so.. what does this mean?"
her mom had an internal debate with herself, wondering whether or not it was the right time to tell her daughter.
"you'll see soon, my love. but don't stress about it too much. it'll all make sense," she told the girl, placing a kiss on her forehead.

byeol stood, still confused, however she trusted her mother's words. if she wanted me to know right now, she would've told me.

────── 〔✿〕──────
+ HAOGALORE.
a/n! oop... what'll happen now