ꜱɪxᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ.

────── 〔✿〕──────

[ NOTICE: 20211222 Ni-Ki & WayB's Byeol announcement ]

Hello. This is Be:Lift Lab.

We'd like to take the time to clear up any rumours & misconceptions that have come up after our artist NI-KI & WayB's Byeol collaboration stage, magazine cover & interview and other contents have been released.

Firstly, we want to make sure to specify we have sat down with both parties about this topic. They've both thought diligently about what to say to the public and hope you all take the news with happy spirits. While the pair will release a video explaining the situation in more details, allow us to give the basics.

Ni-Ki and Byeol are confirmed to have the comes animae, normally referred to as the soulmate, tie.

Both parties found out about a year ago, and have been meeting with good intentions since. They've both said they are not in a romantic relationship with eachother, instead taking this time to get to know the other as best as possible.

We ask everyone to please regard this special relationship with nothing but positivity and support. We're only allowed to post this upon the pair's unanimous agreement, neither wishing to keep this a secret from the public anymore. However, they ask that you please respect their privacy, for the sake of themselves and the people surrounding them.

Thank you.

only a few minutes passed before another link was posted by the company, directing everyone who clicked on it to a youtube video, posted by starbyeol— byeol's personal account.

the pair sat together, in presumably one of the hybe building practice rooms. they wore comfortable, casual clothes, with masks tucked under their chin.

she started off the video, the ghost of a smile on her face as ni-ki's eyes involuntarily trailed to look at the girl.

"hi, everyone! this is.. a different video than any i've done before.. but i think it's necessary," she paused for a moment, the boy nodded in midst of the silence.

she lightly clapped her hands, "so! where do we start?" she chuckled, turning to look at the boy.

"first off, hello, i'm ni-ki of enhypen," he introduced himself with a breathy laugh, the girl giggling as she lightly rubbed her hands over her face. "right.. that's where we should start,"

"um.. should we start at the very beginning?" she asked ni-ki, the boy softly nodding, "that might be good,"

she turned back towards the lens, "we should start with explaining what comes animae is. it's latin for soulmate, so.."

"we're soulmates." ni-ki said when he noticed her hesitation to complete her sentence, the girl nodding in appreciation.

"today is.. november 29?" she asked, the boy nodding in confirmation. "we first met about... almost a year ago, during a fansign."

ni-ki nodded in confirmation, giving her a silent okay to continue. "the way the tie works is you have to make eye contact for three seconds the second time you come across eachother. so after the first call, nothing happened. it wasn't until the next week that i somehow won another fansign, and that's when it all happened,"

"she went through the line and when she got to me, we blacked out for.. not even a second, actually," the boy spoke, byeol's head now turned to face him. "we didn't know what happened, i just know i could finally see the colours i couldn't before,"