ꜰɪꜰᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ.

────── 〔✿〕──────

curse words kept repeating themselves through the girl's mind, struggling to keep her anxiety-caused trembling under control.

her mind flashed an image of her soulmate for a second, a sorry feeling rushing through her veins.

AT THE DORMS

the youngest had tried falling back into his cozy dreamstate after byeol had left, though nothing worked. he'd cuddled with his small plushie which carried byeol's scent, mind beginning to fall into a state of chosen unconsciousness when her voice suddenly rang through his ears.

the boy's head jerked up at a rapid pace, about to exclaim her name when he realized he was still alone. he looked around confused, soon coming to a possible conclusion of them being on the phone.

they weren't.

"what the fuck?" he mumbled, rubbing the tiredness out of his eyes before calling out for his trusted, soulmate-expert hyung.

"hee hyung?" he exclaimed, the eldest soon walking into the room. "yeah?"

"i was trying to sleep, and i heard byeol's voice,"
heeseung chuckled, "you're so in love~"
ni-ki ignored the flush in his cheeks, choosing to continue, "no, like.. it felt like she was in the room. or on the phone, but we're not on the phone,"

heeseung's eyes quickly lost their teasing twinkle, mind rushing back to the soulmate studies he'd done a few years prior.

calling for one's soulmate in times of distress or fright will promptly activate both parties' telepathic trait.

voices on the distressed persons' side will appear clearer, as if in close proximity.

his nearly black orbs widened upon the broken fragments of rules mending back together in his brain, turning towards the maknae in a slow manner.

"nik.. i don't want you to freak out," he began, the younger looking at him in frightened concern.
"what do you mean... don't freak out..."

heeseung attempted to grin, though it didn't work, "um.. so.."
"spit it out!"

"byeol is in trouble."

star? can you hear me?

byeol's eyes had threatened to widen upon hearing the boy's voice, eyes glancing around to see if he was near.

jinghua noticed her moving eyes, slapping byeol to regain her attention. "listen to me if you're not gonna talk, bitch,"

byeol silently winced at the stinging pain, refocusing her eyes on the older girl.

yes rik. please help me.

what's going on? where are you?

y'know that little alleyway between the apartment buildings three minutes from the dorm?

yeah?

well.. some girl has me pushed into a wall and keeps slapping me asking me who i am

who you are?

i'll explain later, just please have someone come and get me. this bitch is fucking crazy

she can't be that-

she threatened to kill me, nik.

────── 〔✿〕──────
+ HAOGALORE.
a/n! my poor baby byeolie
</3 so sorry for doing this to u

+thank u guys for 70k 🥺