Chapter 18

Hi guys, I hope you are enjoying this new Clace story. Do not forget to vote and make comments. Remember my other fanfiction books, Jace's Arranged Marriage, its sequel Second Chance at Love, and Nephilim Love. 

Clary

Morning came and I felt something heave around me and realized that it was Jace. I turned slowly to face him and watched him sleep. He was the most gorgeous man I have ever seen and now he was finally mine.

"You are staring at me," Jace said with his eyes closed.

" I cannot help it that you are gorgeous."

"No, you are the one that is beautiful."

"We need to get ready if we are going to talk to Diane and Simon about our engagement."

"Clary, I want you to come with me to meet Diane, and then I will go with you to meet" Simon. It Is my responsibility to let Simon know the truth about us."

I went to my room to shower and change so that we can go see Diane. I am a little nervous about the whole thing since this is the first time that Jace is letting anyone know his true feelings for me. We drove out to The Woods where we were to meet Diane.

"Hi Diane, thank you for coming. You remember Clary."

"Hi Jace, yes I remember Clary. Nice to see you again, Clary."

"Nice to see you again."

"Diane, I asked you here because there is something that I have to tell you. I thought that marrying you was the best way to save my father's company and I acted on the impulse to do so. At the same time, this all occurred, I was trying to convince myself that I was not in love. There were circumstances that made me realized that I was in love with Clary and cannot live without her. When she was going to accept someone else's marriage proposal, I asked her to marry me. We are now engaged."

"Jace, I knew that you were in love with her the night I met her. I saw the exchanged looks between you were full of hurt. You deserve to be happy. I release you from our engagement, Go and be happy. I am interested in someone and would like the opportunity to spend time with him so I can get to know him."

"Diane, thank you for understanding about Jace and me. Who is the person that you are interested in?"

"Simon."

"I think I can arrange it for you two to meet."

"Oh, no you are not!  No more arrangements of any kind. Not after what I went through."

"I guess this is the signal that Jace and I have to go. We have to go to talk to Simon. I will input his number on your phone so you can call him."

Jace

We left the restaurant and went to see Simon next. I know this is not going to be as easy as it went with Diane since Simon is in love with Clary too. We arrived at the restaurant and went straight to the office. Simon stood up as soon as he saw us and looked at our interlaced fingers. 

"Simon, I know that you have been in love with Clary for years so I need to be honest with you. I love Clary and was trying to lie to myself about it. The day I found out that you asked her to marry you, that is when I realized that I had fallen for her. The night she came to talk to you about her answer, I was on my way here to stop her. She was coming out of the restaurant when I saw her. The first thing I asked her if she had said yes to you. Then, I confessed my true feelings for her and I asked her to marry me and she said yes. She was going to tell you herself, but I decided to take the responsibility of telling you myself. I am truly sorry for hurting this way."

"I have always known that Clary loved you, but I tried to cling to a little hope that she would end up loving me. Clary's happiness is what is important to me. I just want you to know that if you hurt her in any way, I will be waiting to take her away from you."

"Duly noted."

"Simon, I am so sorry. You know that I have never led you on. I have always told you that I love you as a good friend. I will always be your friend."

"I know Clary. I meant every word I said, but I do want you to be happy and Jace is your happiness."

"Well, we have to go now. We have some things to do before returning to school tomorrow."

Later That Night

I arrived home from my secret errand and went straight to Clary's room. She was sitting at her desk doing homework and I put my arms around her kissing her temple.

"If you can pull yourself away from homework, I have a surprise for you."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Sit on the bed, please."

She walked over and sat on the bed with a questioning look. I walked over to her and got down on one knee. Clary realized what I was up to and put her hands over her mouth.

"Clary, will you marry me? I know that already asked and you gave me your answer, but I am doing this the right way."

"Yes, Jace, of course, I will marry you."

I opened the box that I was holding and showed her the engagement ring I brought for her. The smile on her face will be treasured in my heart forever. My hand was shaking as I was placing the ring on her finger. Then I pulled her off the bed and into my arms as I kissed her. She parted her lips for me so that I can taste her. 

"Clary, you had asked me the night you slept with me if I did not want to wait until our wedding night, I said yes. I lied. I want you, always wanted to you, and I want you tonight. All of you. Forgive me if I sound selfish."

"Jace, I am all yours, always."

We went down to dinner and Clary showed off her ring. Everyone was happy that Clary and I were together at last. It was time for bed and I went in to shower and ran into Clary as she is coming towards that bathroom. 

"I will see you in my room."

After twenty minutes, there is a soft knock on my door. I knew it was her so I asked her to come in. I walked up to the door and locked it behind her and leaned against the door. My body was quaking with desire for her and tonight, she will finally be mine.