Chapter 21

Wedding Day

Clary

I have never seen anyone throw a wedding together like Aunt Celine. Everything was ready from the wedding gown to the reception. I was so nervous, but when dad walked me down the aisle and I saw Jace with that beautiful smile looking at me the way he did, it was all alright. The ceremony was simple and when we were pronounced husband and wife, Jace was already kissing me. We walked down the aisle holding hands and into the reception area where all the guests will soon come. We ate and we danced to our hearts' content. Then it was time to leave on our honeymoon. One week somewhere, but it is a surprise.

"Well, Mrs. Herondale, are you ready to leave on our honeymoon?"

"Yes, where are we going?"

"You will find out when we get to the airport. By the way, have I told you how beautiful you look today?"

"Oh, Jace, you are such a romantic! I will have patience and wait to see where you are taking me."

Jace

Clary was absolutely beautiful. When I saw her walked down the aisle, I smiled at the most beautiful girl in my world. As soon as we were pronounced husband and wife, I was already kissing her. I kissed her until we both had to breathe. We went to the reception hall and we ate and danced. It was time to leave for our honeymoon but I did not tell Clary where we are flying to and she decided to wait and see where our destination was. We drove off to the airport and when we went to the international wing, Clary started to get excited. She knew we were flying overseas but not the destination. As soon as we went to the Paris flight check-in, she was in tears already. Our flight to Paris was pleasant and full of kisses. I will never get tired of kissing her. Once we arrived we went to the hotel to check-in. The room was a suite with a balcony that was facing the Eifel Tower. We went to shower and then laid on the bed a little jet-lagged, but that did not stop us. I unwrapped the towel she was wrapped in and started kissing her until she was moaning for me. Then I entered her and our bodies became one. We moved in synch until our pleasure was so overwhelming, that we exploded together until we were gasping for breath. I rolled over on my back and pulled her closed to my chest and we fell asleep. In the morning, I reached out to Clary but she was not next to me. When I got up and looked around, she was on the balcony with a smile on her face looking at the beauty we had for a view. 

" Good morning, beautiful. What are you doing out here by yourself?"

"Just thinking how lucky I am. It seems that it was just yesterday, when I could not get you to look at me and today I woke up in your arms as your wife."

"That is because you wore me down. You did everything in your power to get me to fall in love with you, even when I was a jerk. But look at everything now, Mrs. Herondale."

"I was also thinking about something else we have not talked about."

"What is it?"

"I want children with you. I want to experience being a mom."

"I want that too, but after college. Right now having a career is important."

"Yes, I guess you are right."

Clary

Jace is right. We need to go to college and have a career to support ourselves with. I just had a dream last night of our son. It was so real I can practically smell a baby smell on me. We had breakfast and went on a tour of Paris. The week went flying by. All we did was tour all day and made love all night. Jace just could not have enough of me. When we got home we decided to go to the local university even though we were both accepted to other colleges including Wharton. We started attending our classes and everything felt like we were back in high school. There were so many girls hanging around Jace even though he ignored them as usual. We would meet for lunch and sit with our friends and enjoy the short time together. I went home by myself since I was done with classes for the day but Jace still had two classes. When I got home I found Max curled up on the floor. He was moaning and there was vomit near him. I asked where mom was and he managed to say that she was shopping. I helped him up on the couch and went to get a bucket just in time because he had to vomit again. He told me that his stomach was hurting really bad. I called Jace in a panic.

"Clary, what is wrong?"

"Oh, Jace, I found Max on the floor moaning in pain and has vomited twice since I came home. Mom is not here, and I do not know what to do. Jace, please tell me what to do."

"Okay, calm down and listen to me. Make sure that Max is laying on his side so that he does not choke on his vomit. Call an ambulance and his pediatrician, his number is in the phone book by the phone, Dr. Stone, and let him know what is going on. Make sure you stay with Max and I will meet you at the hospital as soon as I can get there."

"Okay, Jace, I got. I will see you soon. Do not worry, because I will stay with Max."

I called the ambulance and the doctor. We made it to the hospital and after some tests, they had to take him into emergency surgery. Mom, dad, and Jace arrived and met me in the family waiting room.  After several hours, the doctor came out to talk to us about Max.

"Mr. and Mrs. Herondale, Max is doing fine. He had a blockage in his intestines called Intussusception. The surgery went well. We will keep him here for a few days to make sure the incision does not open, and he will recuperate just fine. Thanks to Clary's reaction and getting him here on time."

"Jace, it was Jace who told me what to do."

"You did it by calling me right away."

"Oh Jace, I was so scared, running around in circles. I had to call you."

"Thank you, love, for saving my brother. It does not matter how it happened, but you got him here in time. That is what counts."

Jace

I was walking into my next class when my phone rang and it was Clary. I picked up to see what she needed, and all hell broke loose.

"Clary, what is wrong?"

"Oh, Jace, I found Max on the floor moaning in pain and has vomited twice since I came home. Mom is not here, and I do not know what to do. Jace, please tell me what to do."

"Okay, calm down and listen to me. Make sure that Max is laying on his side so that he does not choke on his vomit. Call an ambulance and his pediatrician, his number is in the phone book by the phone, Dr. Stone, and let him know what is going on. Make sure you stay with Max and I will meet you at the hospital as soon as I can get there."

"Okay, Jace, I got it. I will see you soon. Do not worry, because I will stay with Max."

I ran out of school and got to my car. I drove as fast as I could, with the traffic and speed limit. I called mom and dad to let them know what happened.