Chapter 17: We are one

"I'm nervous, Adrian", I said clutching his hand tighter when he smiled and caressed my cheek gently before placing a kiss on the back of my hand. His touch made me a little calm as he assured me.  

"Don't worry; he will be happy to see you", I nodded and smiled even though I was feeling nervous. It's been three days since he proposed to me and today I'm going to meet his dad who held a party for both of us. He was surprised when he came to know that I was the girl his son is in love with. When he got the news of us, he was happy to know that finally, his son has chosen his life partner.

"Let's go, we're here", he announced and my heartbeat raised as our car parked in front of the venue site. Reporters were waiting for us, of course, they must want to know who the girl is that got the heart of the famous hot and sexy billionaire, Adrian Elbert. He went out of the car first and waited for me to come out as he gave me his hand to hold. I smiled and he placed a kiss on the back of the hand before we started going inside as reporters tried to take pictures of us, he held me closer to him.

His jaw was clenched and I knew why... he doesn't like any other man to see me and take pictures of me. He is a possessive man, but I like it. I like his possessiveness. "Don't worry... I'm yours, Mr. Elbert", I whispered when he looked at me and smiled before answering me back. "Yes, kitten... You're mine."

We both entered with a smile as everyone has their eyes on us as we shared eye contact. Soon, a middle-aged man; none other than Adrian's Dad came, Mr. Elbert. "My son...", he called and they both hugged each other making me happy and a little sad, if I had a father then would I have hugged him like that? My thoughts stopped when Mr. Elbert looked at me with a smile making me return it. He hugged me and I felt like I found my father again as I lost my father in an accident when I was 6 years old and at 10, I lost my mother too because of cancer. I was brought by an orphanage and did a job to survive.

"So you're the one Caroline who made my boy fall in love?", I shyly smiled looking down and shrugged. Adrian smiled and pulled me closer to him by my waist. 

"Yes Dad, she is the only one", he said smiling looking at his dad, who was happy to see his son smiling. His grip tightened around my waist when our eyes met and he leaned in towards my ear. "My little passionate woman", he whispered near my ear when my cheeks turned red and I felt the temperature of my skin rising. He smirked as he noticed the state I was in, he knew how much his words affect me. I bit my lips and slapped his chest lightly only to hear his dark and husky chuckle. God... I should just stay away from him tonight.

Soon, we were introduced to everyone and this night that was held in honor of us was filled with happiness and love all around.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Good evening, I hope you all are well", I frowned as I looked at Adrian who held the mic, I didn't know that he has to give the speech but listened to whatever he was going to say.

"I devote this evening to my and only, my love. Let me introduce you to this stunning woman who changed me completely", my smile faded as I listened to his words when he smiled towards me before taking every step towards me slowly from the stage. The light focused on both of us but we focused on each other.

"I met her in a club and offered her a date, but she rejected me; the first woman to reject my charms. She did hurt my ego because I was never rejected by any girl before. Her strong character attracted me to her. I got interested in her and tried to make her fall for me to take revenge."

"And in this process, I didn't know when I myself fell for her. She is an amazing woman, even though I have hurt her many times, she gave me chances to improve myself. She believed me and teach me how to love her like a real man. Her small wishes became my priorities. Her eyes tell me every day how much she loves me."