peter i made a friend?

tw: swearing, not eating (i do not endorse this, food=fuel)
6:30
rosies pov
red:how'd you get stabbbed

rosie:sorry ms.red got to get to school
ttyl
red:ROSIE

and with that rosie began her walk to school not wanting to wake up her uncle. she should probably ask him for lunch money. but she was already burdening him enough by living with him. she also didn't want to make breakfast. he had a late shift and didn't want to wake him. so she draped a blanket over him and slipped on her shoes before leaving through the front door.
it was an hour walk to school, which is why she left so early. she didn't really have any alternate methods of getting to school. she was very prepared with her homework in her bag and was set to get their slightly early. as she approached she saw a certain brown haired boy standing half a foot taller than her.
"PETER!"
"ROSIE!'
with that she walked faster up to him and did there super secret handshake
"you never texted" peter stated with a frown slowly creeping onto his face
"you didn't give me the right number. on a very much related note, i made a friend" rosie stated proudly, a grin flashing onto her face. rosie and peter shared many similarities ;vigilantes, very smart, VERY AWKWARD. a new friend for either felt like a very large accomplishment
"that's so cool. can you introduce me. i currently only have you ned and mj. i dont know if their really friends i mean were two years younger than them and they only talk to us in lessons because people think its weird we're in the ap classes"
"they find it even weirder we're the two top students. speaking of which what did you get on our most recent chem test?"
"98%, i accidentally mistook one of my fours for a nine"
"ahh sucks to suck" rosie stated whilst trying to suppress laughter. the tests they took were an endless cycle of one of them making a stupid mistake and the other getting 100%. both teenagers had been transferred to midtown at the beginning of the year from different schools across queens due to their impressive academic abilities. at least it was easy to be the new and younger kid together. whilst most people were 17 turning 18, rosie was only 15, turning 16 in a month whilst peter was 16 having turned 16 3 months ago.
"tell me about this new friend" peter asked as they approached they're first lesson
"friend may have been generous. i dont know anything about her accept she's a her and associates herself in some way with the code name 'red'" she said taking her seat. they had both lowered their voices to the point they could only hear each other due to their shared heightened senses.
"i am scared to ask what she knows about you now"
"she knows my name is 'roseanne' or rosie and i'm 15" rosie stated with a somewhat guilty smiled as peter facepalmed.
"hey losers" mj said as she passed the pair going to the seat behind them "you broke him"
"i think he's questioning my self preservation skills" you replied in a calm manner
"i'm not even gonna ask what you did this time"
"probably best" you replied before mj sat in her seat behind you

12:43
"can i meet your new 'friend'" peter inquired as you both sat in the library sharing his bag of chips he bought. it was a common occurrence for peter to bring a large bag of chips which you could share because he knew you were most likely going to forget.
"i can see if ms.red is open to the idea of a group chat after school" with that peter just grinned at you and continued eating. his self preservation was only slightly better than yours.

4:50

having just returned from your apartment after school and mentoring, briefly crossing paths with your uncle on the way out, you took out your phone to text ms.red.

red:OMG ROSIE
read 4:51
red:omg your back

rosie:hi :)

red:hi kid you had me worried

rosie:sorry i mentor kids that would be younger than me, but are my age, just in a lower grade, after school

red:okay cool
how'd you get stabbed

rosie:i will not disclose no matter how hard you ask so please dont ask again because i really dont want to come up with a lie...

red: *sighs* fine

rosie:yay :)
hey will can i add you to a group chat with my only other friend?
if you want you can add one of your friends... if you have friends... i promise i dont mean that in a rude way i just didn't want to make you feel bad if you didn't have friends

red:i know you didn't mean it rudely. i feel like nothing rude has ever left your mouth

rosie:you'd be surprised

red:anyway... sure make the group chat and i'll add one of my friends

rosie:you have more than one other friend. i'm now very jealous

red:ttyl rosie x

rosie:see you in the groupchat ms.red x