road trip

august 1st

tw:vomit

the avengers had all been training and keeping up with their cardio as per usual. some had missions but rosie, wanda and peter didn't go on any because 'they were still in training'. rosie and peter went vigilnantying together or separately most nights, after rosie joined natasha in the gym. she was able to get slightly more sleep, being comforted by wanda next to her. also her hair had finally fully returned to blonde. sam had asked natasha on a date, to which she accepted, however their relationship thus far had not escalated further than the occasional comment here and there.

tony decided it was time for the avengers to take a break, and they were going on a 6 hour road trip to his beach house in cape cod. petter, hope and scott had decided to join them whereas thor, valkyrie and carol were off world. this meant a total of 13 people would be attending. currently they were deciding who was going in who's car. sam, natasha, wanda and rosie had opted to ride in sams jeep together, his boot was larger than natashas. pepper, tony and peter were all riding together. steve had opted to take clint, bruce and bucky whilst hope and scott were driving from their own house. and with all their bags packed and everyone loaded in, everyone set off. not at the same time, that would be too easy. tony had provided each, who he decided 'leader' of the car a set of keys. this was himself, natasha, steve and hope. pepper was quick to snatch the keys from tony claiming he 'wasn't responsible'.

natasha made her group be ready and in the garage at 7am sharp, which was fine for the only group. tony's group opted for a more sensible time of 9am, much to peters dismay, who unlike rosie and wanda wasn't used to going on 8am runs. after many a squabble, steve's car settled on 9.30am and... actually no one had any clue when hope and scott set off, they may already be there when they get there.

sams pov

"can you guys remind me again why we had to leave sooooo early, waking up at seven and being ready at 7 are very different things" a tired wanda stated
"quit acting like you won't fall asleep as soon as we get in the car" natasha said, before stepping into the passengers seat. i had a strict rule about no one else being behind the wheel of my car, not enough grandma driver steve. me and rosie were currently loading bags into the trunk. we then climbed into the car, me in the drivers seat, her behind me and wanda behind nat.
"is this a bad time to mention i get car sick?" rosie questioned
"are you going to throw up in my car?"
"are we gonna be able to pull over?"
"yeah, most rides are countrysides"
"then no, i'm probably not going to throw up in your car"
"glad to hear it, just give me a shout if we need to stop" and with that, natasha turned the radio on and we set off. me, natasha and rosie all sang along to the radio, which somehow didn't wake up a sleeping wanda.
"can we stop for food?" natasha questioned
"yeah sure, where do you guys want to eat?" i asked turning around
"i'm good, wanda likes mac donald's breakfast umm, the pancakes and a hash brown and one of those weird caramel thingys" rosie stated.
"nausea?" natasha said turning to the girl, who was watching out the window
"a little, maybe pull in to a parking lot whilst you guys eat" natasha nodded before turning back to me
"i'm okay with mcdonalds if you are"
"natasha romanoff, the fitness fanatic of all fitness fanatics is okay with a mcdonalds breakfast, am i hearing you right?" i asked, earning a chuckle from both currently conscious women.
"yeah, i'll take an egg mcmuffin and a black coffee"
"awesome, pulling into the drive through now" i placed our order, i got the same as nat, adding a hash brown and opting for a latte. i also got rosie a bottle of water to which she was grateful. rosie shook the shoulder of wanda, causing her to rise, half awake "we're at mcdonalds, i thought you'd like pancakes, a hash brown and a weird caramel thing"
"a frappiciono, and thank you" she said as rosie handed her her food "you're not eating anything?"
"nausea" to which wanda just nodded as we all started eating our food.

10 minutes after we started driving again, me and nat still singing to the radio, wanda now fast asleep again i noticed rosie staring intently out the window.
"you alright back there rosie?" i asked
"can you pull over?" she asked to which i quickly pulled onto the side of the road as rosie got out. a couples of minutes later, she was back in the car chewing a stick of gum "thanks sam, you can drive now" i had never driven with rosie in the car before, but natasha seemed very casual making me think this was normal
"ever tried motion sickness bands?" i asked, still facing forward
"no, what are they?"
"wrist bands that help with car sickness and stuff, i'll pull into the next drug store we see, they'll probably have some"
"thanks sam" it took 1 and a half hours and rosie throwing up twice but we pulled into the drug store parking lot. because of traffic, we were expected to take an hour longer than the initial journey. "stay here" i said as i got out to buy the bands. 5 minutes i returned to nat, rosie and wanda laughing about something i turned round to rosie "put these on so the plastic part puts pressure on the inside your wrist, like the picture. she mocked a solute before doing what i said. and with that we considered driving.

one hour of driving in silence, just the radio natasha decided to initiate a conversation "so hows everyone doing? okay i dont actually care, its just too quiet so someone say something"
"these bands are working great, thanks for the suggestion sam"
"no problem rosie, why dont we play a game"
"oh i know, we could play the game where you name things starting with each letter so like i would be a, nat would be b, sam would be c, rosie would be d and so on" wanda suggested
"great idea, what should we name?"
"countries?" wanda suggested
"great, why dont you start?" and with that we played the alphabet game for an hour.

"hey sam, can we get snacks?" wanda asked, wanda had moved to the middle seat and was currently leaned with her head on rosies, whose was on her shoulder as she looked at the window
"ooo i like your thinkibg, please sam" natasha said turning to me with puppy dog eyes
"fine, fine i'll pull into the next restop"
"yay" wanda replied. 10 minutes later i had pulled into a restop.
"2 snacks and 1 drink each, deal?" i asked receiving nods amongst the group. rosie opted for an apple, packet of gummy worms and another bottle of water. natasha got a protein bar, reece's peanut butter cups and a smoothie. wanda chose a bottle of fanta orange, some original flavour crisps and a cookie. i got a bottle of water, a protein bar and some jolly ranchers. we payed, went to the bathroom and got back in the car. "anything gets on my leather seats there will be hell to pay". everyone ate the snacks in silence and we all sang our hearts out to the radio for the rest of the car journey. we arrived at the hours just after two pm, being the first to arrive.