Enterprise

Third Person POV

A week has passed since the rescue mission and everything at base returned to a sense of normality. Y/N was a usual in his office, curtains closed and only the light of his desk lamp lighting his office. He was going through his normal mountain of paperwork when a few knocks on the door soon grabbed his attention. He soon put his pen down and looked at the door as it soon opened reveling Belfast with a small cup and a very slight frown on her face. Y/N was quite surprised by this fact but still smiled and waved towards the maid who entered the office and closed the door behind her.

Y/N: Good morning Belfast.

Belfast: Commander, its three in the afternoon.

Y/N raised his eyebrow and got up to open the curtains, soon being greeted by the afternoon sun as well as a beachball soon bouncing off the window. He sighed as he soon turned around to see Belfast setting down the cup on his desk.

Y/N: So it is. Time does fly by.

Belfast: Commander Y/N, we need to talk about some things.

Y/N nodded and leaned against the window sill with his arm that wasn't in a sling going across his body. He soon nodded for Belfast to start, and the maid sighed before taking a deep breath and facing the marine.

Belfast: Firstly, please listen to Vestal.

Y/N: I am. I am following her instructions to the letter.

Belfast sighed and brought out a list that had multiple splotches of ink, a trademark that Y/N knew meant a very angry writer. Belfast quickly cleared her throat and began to read the paper.

Belfast: Vestal demands you sleep plenty.

Y/N: Eight hours a day is plenty.

Belfast: Eat plenty.

Y/N: MRE's and crayons are enough.

Belfast: Crayons?

Y/N: Ok, not crayons. But MRE's are enough.

Belfast: Drink plenty of liquids.

Y/N: I drink water all the time.

Belfast: Limit physical exercise.

Y/N: I am doing less.

Belfast: And finally just do less work and relax more.

Y/N: I am doing less paperwork.

Belfast sighed and put the paper down, her face in a look of concern as she looked at Y/N with a very uncharacteristic impatience.

Belfast: Commander, Vestal is literally throwing a fit at the medical center when she sees you not following her diagnosis. And she's not the only one concerned about your health. You were heavily injured in the last battle, and scared nearly everyone to death with the amount of blood on you. You were bed ridden for a full day and had to be in crutches for another however after that you are already back to your normal work schedule. Even Sheffield is asking you to take a break before you hurt yourself to a point of no recovery.

Y/N: But I'm better now.

Belfast: Please don't say that in earshot of Vestal, she may do something rash to make you relax.

Y/N slightly paled at the possible threat but nodded and soon took a look outside as he gave a small sigh.

Y/N: Ok, I can see what I can do to fit her checklist.

Belfast: She would appreciate that.

Y/N: Great. Now, anything else you need to tell me about?

Belfast: Yes, actually. It's about Enterprise.

The Marine Ship Commanderजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें