The Siren Sea

Third Person POV

The fleet was on the move. After the latest attack by Purifier, the combined forces of the Eagle Union and Royale Navy soon began to prepare for operations. Under the rush a garrison force was left behind to guard the island in case of an attack. However as the task force continued to the location where they think the Crimson Axis will be Y/N still felt like something was off. As he stood on the bow of his ship he looked out into the distance, he heard the clicking of shoes on the ships deck and turned his head back. In his perriphrial vision he saw the soft lilac eyes of Belfast, along with the more stern red eyes of Wales approaching him. He soon turned around, and nodded his head.

Y/N: I got nothing from AWACS, any sightings from you girls?

Wales shook her head.

Prince of Wales: Radar shows nothing and we have nothing on the sonars from the destroyers.

Y/N: Strange, we are approaching the area and no signs of a fleet or even a scouting party.....

Belfast: We are approaching Midway Mr. Y/N, eta is around seven minutes.

Y/N: Alright, thanks you two.

Y/N turned away again, his eyes locked onto the horizon as his hands balled up into a fist. This world, everything that he has seen, it was all incredibly surreal. As he continued to think the sudden blip of a radar detection system soon draws his attention to the his elsewhere. He looked at Wales who nodded. Contact.

Y/N: Alright, lets see what they got.

Y/N soon ordered his AWAC to move close to the fleet, readying himself for an engagement as the rest of the fleet soon ran to their battlestations. As they did Y/N could now fainlty make out an object in the distance, and as they got closer the red glow of her riggings followed by Enterprise's voice on the radio soon confirmed to him who it was.

Enterprise: Akagi....

Y/N scanned the area again, however found on the one figure on his radar and vision. He soon clicked on the radio his eyes still focused on the approaching figure.

Y/N: Is she....alone?

Javelin: Yes commander, it seems that she is alone.

Belfast: Strange, what is she planning to do?

The fleet continued their approach, some ships starting to turn to get their combat equipment in position. As guns, planes, and torpedo tubes began to be ready he soon heard the crack of thunder in the distance.

Y/N: Strange, there's no clouds in the sk-

Suddenly drips of water began to fall from the sky as a sudden flash of lighting soon gave way to a sudden jerk on the ship. Wales and Belfast quickly steadied themselves as Y/N was sprayed with a mist of ocean water. Salt water ran down his face as he soon saw a dark glow from Akagi's figure, its light pulsating as the Azur Lane fleet continued to come closer.

Y/N: The black wisdom cube?

Suddenly a thought entered his mind and he soon summoned his Colt, his eyes lining up with his crosshairs as his finger soon went to his trigger.

Y/N: Belfast, Wales! Tell all ships to fire star shells near Akagi!

Belfast and Wales look at Y/N in surprise however as they opened their mouths a sudden flash of light engulfed the sky as it soon began to grow. Y/N soon lowered his rifle and flipped on his radio, quickly kneeling down as he steadied himself.

Y/N: Brace!

The light soon consumed the fleet, blinding Y/N and the other ship girls as the slapping of ocean waves soon gave way to the soft rolling of the ocean that Y/N sighed in releif to hear. However as his eyes adjusted the sight he was greeted with was something that he did not expected.

Y/N: Wha-

Belfast: The siren sea.

Y/N looked back and soon saw both Belfast and Wales standing up and looking into the sky. He soon got himslef up as well and looked around, soon noticing that the entire Azur Lane fleet was present, still in formation. As ships girls began to stir and recover a sudden boom brought their attention to the now very identifiable Akagi, her hands in a tight grasp around the black wisdom cube as she soon grew a smile.

Akagi: Welcome Shikikan, and Azur Lane. Welcome to the Siren Sea.

A loud giggle soon filled Y/N's ears as he replaced his rifle for his hatchet and pistol, soon followed by the rest of the fleet who began to get themselves into position.

Akagi: Oh, so eager to fight. Well then, please do enjoy yourselves.

Y/N sighed, a small grimace as he soon turned on his ship's loudspeakers.

Y/N: Akagi! Don't do this!

Akagi: Oh, is shikikan afraid? I guess Azur lane was really on its last l-

Y/N: Akagi.

Y/N's voice hardened, a small breath escaped his lips as he looked the carrier in the eyes.

 Y/N: Do you not remember what happened at the city? 

Y/N could see a visible stiffening among the ships near him as well as Akagi's eyes widening. He knew she remembered, they all did.

Y/N: Please, don't force me to carry through my promise.

Akagi heisitated for a split second before soon narrowing her eyes. She soon raised her arms and soon hundreds of purple portals dotted around her, siren ships soon coming out in droves.

Akagi: I have come to far to turn my back on her now, I won't be denied!

Y/N was puzzeled, who was she not to be denied of?

His mind was cut short though as soon the glowing blue of rigging activation brought his attention to reality. As ship girls, planes, and shells all were pointed forwards he could hear Queen Elizabeth give an order to charge. He soon saw Belfast and Wales leap off his ship and into the siren fleet. Snapping himself awake he soon summoned his own rigging and took off into the sky on one of his jets, quickly finding Enterprise who rode atop her SPD Dauntless and began to fly alongside her.

Y/N: Try not to go to overboard.

Enterprise: That's rich coming from you commander.

Y/N sighed and Enterprise gave a nod to confirm she understood, and the two soon split off to begin their attack, and with that the battle soon began.