• Chapter 25 •

Third Person's POV

Clarke, Finn, and Julia were underneath the main floor of the dropship, trying to find the ignition system. So far, no luck.

"Finn, do you see it over there?" Clarke called out to him. "No." Finn called back to her.

"Julia?" Clarke called out, but she hadn't found it either. "No." She responded, walking back over to the blonde-haired girl.

"Raven, we can't find the ignition system. Raven?" Clarke called up to her.

It took a couple seconds for her to respond, her voice scared. "I can't feel my legs." A wave of worry passed through Julia and the others at both Raven's words and her tone.

"Okay, hold on. We're coming." Clarke told her and she, Julia, and Finn rushed back up and over to Raven who was sitting on the floor.

"Okay, let me see." Clarke said as she and Finn went to one side of Raven, Julia on the other. Clarke guided Raven to sit forward as gently as she could, but it was obvious it was still quite painful as Raven let out groans of pain.

Clarke lifted the back of Raven's shirt. Only she and Julia could see what was there, but what was there made Julia's eyes widen, quite alarmed. There was a large dark spot on her lower back. It looked like a large bruise, but Julia figured it was something way worse.

Finn could tell by both Clarke's attempt to control her reaction and Julia's unmasked reactions that something was seriously wrong. Raven could also tell this.

"That bad, huh?" Raven spoke up and Clarke guided her to sit back up straight again.

"Oh, Raven. The bullet's in your spine. You're bleeding internally." Clarke told her and there were a few moments of silence as they all took in this information.

"We better do this fast then, huh? Get back down there." Raven told them and Clarke looked like she was going to do what she was told, but Finn stopped her.

"What if we can slow the bleeding? Would that help?" Finn asked Clarke. "Well, of course it would help. Can you tell me how to do that?" Clarke responded.

"That stuff the grounders that. The coagulant. You said that Lincoln had some too." Finn said and Clarke nodded.

"Yeah, it's in the box with the antidote, but I–" Finn cut Clarke off.

"I'm betting that there's more of it in his cave. If I can get there–" This time it was Raven doing the interrupting.

"Wait a second. No." Raven objected, not liking what he was saying. "I can make it." Finn told her.

"Clarke, Julia, one of you tell him he's being an idiot." Raven said, looking between the two girls beside her.

Julia hesitated before speaking. "He is being an idiot. But people tend to be idiots when it comes to their family's safety."

Raven took her words in for a moment before looking at Finn. "I'm not gonna let you die to save me."

"Fine. If you won't let me save you, how about we save everybody else? You're the only one who can fire those rockets. If you die, we all die." Finn said and Raven sighed in defeat, realizing she wasn't going to change his mind.

"I'll be right back." Finn said before starting towards the exit of the dropship. Clarke quickly got up and rushed over to him, stopping him. They spoke quietly for a minute before Clarke came back and Finn continued out the door.

Julia glanced down at Raven before running after Finn. He was jogging away, but stopped when he saw the girl following him.

"I'm not going to change my mind, so there's no use trying." Finn said and she nodded. "I know that. I'm not here to change your mind, I'm here to come with you."