• Chapter 5 •

Third Person's POV

Julia sat on the ground, picking at the grass as she watched Bellamy and Murphy practice knife throwing. Murphy threw his, but it just clattered off the tree.

"It's that damn kid, always messing with my head." Murphy said, annoyed. He was referring to Jasper who was always moaning loudly in pain.

"He's not gonna last much longer. Better think of a new excuse." Bellamy replied before throwing his small axe, which imbedded itself into the tree.

"That's how it's done." Bellamy said right before Atom, Mbege and Jones walked over. "We searched a half-mile all directions. No sign of Trina or Pascal." Atom told Bellamy.

"Visit your special tree when you were out there?" Murphy asked Atom as he walked over to pick up his knife.

Bellamy shook his head at Murphy sternly, before glancing over at Julia. He didn't want his sister to find out what he had done to Atom the night before.

"Could be grounders." Atom suggested. "Yeah, or they could be in pound town. Lot of that going around lately." Murphy shot Atom a smirk.

Julia could tell there was something they were hiding from her, but she didn't care enough to try and figure out what it was.

Jasper let out more painful moans and they all stopped to look over at the drop ship. Then Atom turned to Bellamy. "Look, Bellamy, people are scared, and that dying kid, he's not helping the morale around here."

"Morale will go up when I find them more food." Bellamy responded. "And what do we say when they ask about Trina and Pascal?" Jones asked him.

"Now? Nothing. It's possible they're just lost. We'll keep an eye out for them when we go hunting later." Bellamy answered and started to walk away.

"Let's go kill something." Murphy said as Julia jumped to her feet and went after her brother. "Bell, can I come? I want to learn to hunt."

Bellamy stopped and looked back at his sister. After a few moments he nodded. He still wasn't exactly happy about the night before, but he couldn't stay mad at his sister.

And he figured if they were going to be forced to hunt to be able to eat, then she should learn how to as well. Plus they were staying fairly close to the camp, so he felt it wasn't too dangerous for her to come.

Julia glanced over at Murphy, who was looking at her with a stiff expression. Things had been tense between them since the night before. Julia soon looked down at the ground, not wanting to see that look on his face.

"Mbege, you stay here today. If the grounders are circling, we can't leave this place unprotected." Bellamy told him and Mbege nodded.

~~~

The hunting group was quiet as they snuck closer to a wild boar they had found. "Shh, shh, shh. She's mine." Bellamy told the others, his voice low as to not alert the animal of their presence.

Suddenly there was a cracking sound of someone stepping on a stick and Bellamy turned around and whipped his axe in the direction the noise came from.

The boar quickly started running away and the guys were quick to chase it, leaving behind only Bellamy, Julia, and Atom who were looking at the person who had made the sound. It was a girl who looked to be around twelve years old.