• Chapter 13 •

Third Person's POV

Bellamy, Finn, Jasper, and Monroe laid underneath their covering that protected them from acid fog.

"How long are we supposed to wait?" Jasper asked. "Will this even work?" Monroe questioned, looking towards Finn and Bellamy. "We'll find out." Finn answered.

"No, we won't." Bellamy responded before lifting the material over his head and peeking out. "There no fog." He announced and the rest of them came out from under it.

"Maybe it was a false alarm." Finn suggested as they all stood up. That's when they noticed a grounder running nearby.

"They're coming back." Bellamy said and they all looked around, but there was no one else there.

"I think he's alone." Jasper spoke and they creeped closer to the grounder. "Now can we run?" Monroe asked, looking towards Bellamy.

"He doesn't see us. I'm going after him." Bellamy replied. "And what? Kill him?" Finn questioned him. "No. Catch him. Make him tell me where Octavia and Julia are. Then kill him." Bellamy answered.

"How do we know he's not leading us to another trap?" Jasper asked Finn as Bellamy started moving forward again. "We don't." Finn answered simply before following Bellamy.

~~~

Back in the cave, Octavia and Julia had stopped crying and instead were just sitting in silence when the grounder came back into the area.

They were facing away from him when he crouched down and held his hand out, offering food. Octavia subtly nodded at Julia and then they put their plan in action.

They hit the food out of his hands before whacking him over the head with the large rock Octavia had picked up. The grounder fell to the ground unconscious and they saw the key to their chain.

Julia grabbed it and started working on the lock. That's when they heard footsteps approaching.

"Hurry!" Octavia spoke quietly and Julia shot her a look as she continued working. As if she didn't know to hurry.

But in the rush, the key was dropped and they looked over as the person entered the cave. It was their brother.

"Bellamy?" Julia questioned and he rushed over to them. "Julia. Octavia." He spoke their names in relief.

"Get the key." Octavia said and he picked it up before starting to unlock their chains. The sisters looked over as Finn, Jasper, and Monroe entered the cave.

"Monroe, watch the entrance." Bellamy instructed and undid the chains. Octavia and Julia both fell into their brother. He wrapped his arms around them, hugging them tightly as he spoke, comfortingly, "It's okay. You're okay now. I've got you."

After a few moments, Octavia and Julia pulled back and the three siblings stood up. Octavia went over to Jasper while Julia went over to Finn.

Finn pulled her into his arms when she reached him. "When I said be safe, this is the opposite of what I meant, Jules." Finn spoke with a relieved and joking tone. Julia just let out a small laugh of relief as she closed her eyes.

"How did you find us?" Octavia questioned as she gave Jasper a hug. "Followed him." Jasper answered and Bellamy looked down at the grounder.