• Chapter 12 •

Third Person's POV

Fourteen-year-old Julia Blake and sixteen-year-old Octavia Blake sat at their table in their chambers on the Ark.

Octavia was sewing a button onto a pair of jeans and Julia was reading a book when Bellamy entered the room. They looked up at him when he came in.

"You guys will never guess what's about to happen." Bellamy greeted them. "Inspection. We'll get in the hole." Octavia said. There was no more struggle from them when there were inspections now. They had accepted that that's just the way their lives were.

The sisters started to stand up to move over to the hole, but Bellamy stopped them as he rushed over. "No, no, no, no, no. Sit, sit. This is great." He told them and they sat back down.

Bellamy sat in the chair on the side between them. "Please, Bell, we don't want to hear about another amazing moonrise when we're never gonna be able to see one." Octavia spoke, frustratedly.

"You're going to see one right now. Both of you. The Unity Day mascarade dance starts in ten minutes. Now, I didn't want to say anything until I was sure my cadet unit was working security. I'm gonna be there watching you the entire time." Bellamy explained and handed them each a mask.

Octavia and Julia looked at the masks and at each other in disbelief. "Wait, are you serious?" Julia questioned her brother as her hope grew.

Bellamy grinned and nodded in response. He was so happy to finally be able to give his sisters the one thing they wanted more than anything in the world: to just be able to leave their chambers.

Julia and Octavia put on their masks and turned to their brother again. "How do we look?" Octavia asked him. "Dashing? Cute? Classy? Positively radient?" Julia added on to her sister's question jokingly as she pretended to model her new look.

Then she and Octavia laughed as Bellamy chuckled. "Mysterious." He answered the question.

"Oh, Bell, what about Mom?" Octavia asked and Bellamy turned to her. "Hey, will you stop worrying? We'll be back before she even knows you both were gone." Bellamy told her before standing up.

He walked over to their door and opened it. Octavia and Julia stood up as they watched him. "Want to go for a walk?" Bellamy asked as he turned and walked back, holding out a hand for each of them.

They each took his hand and he led them over to the door. They hesitated for a moment before Bellamy walked through the door, his sisters following him out.

They couldn't believe it. Their wholes lives they were told this was something they could never do and here they were, actually doing it. The one thing they actually wanted in life.

"It's okay." Bellamy said, seeing them glance nervously around. Then he started walking down the corridor, Julia and Octavia following behind him.

The corridor was surprisingly similar to their chambers. The walls were still metallic and the floors and ceilings were the same, and yet, it was just as amazing as the sisters dreamed it would be.

After a few more moments of walking, they turned a corner and Bellamy blocked their way. He smirked down at them in a way that Julia knew that there was something amazing behind him. Then he moved and they saw it.