• Chapter 3 •

Third Person's POV

Julia Blake stood near the drop ship, conversing with a few other prisoners. She was in the middle of a sentence when a girl's scream cut her off. She immediately went running in the direction of the scream.

Her run slowed to a stop when she what was happening. Murphy was forcefully holding a girl over a fire. Bellamy, Wells, and Atom all ran over too, along with a small crowd of people.

"Bellamy. Check it out. We want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us, right? Figure it'll look better if we suffer a little bit first." Murphy said and Julia rolled her eyes.

"Let her go!" Wells shouted, shoving Murphy away from the girl and the fire. Then Wells turned to Bellamy. "You can stop this."

"Stop this? I'm just getting started." Bellamy said just before Murphy stood up and punched Wells across the face. The two of them started fighting, while the crowd screamed "fight!" over and over, egging them on. Julia did not join in chanting this time.

Murphy punched Wells in the stomach and went in for another punch, but Wells blocked, punching Murphy in the stomach.

Then Murphy tackled Wells to the ground and got a few punches in before Wells turned them over so he was on top. He punched Murphy a few times before standing up, leaving Murphy on the ground.

"Don't you see you can't control this?" Wells turned to Bellamy again. Murphy grabbed his knife before standing up. Julia tensed. Fighting, for the most part, was harmless. It wouldn't have long lasting effects. Bringing a weapon into it made it much more serious.

"You're dead." Murphy spoke and Wells turned to face him.

"Wait." Bellamy put his hand up to stop Murphy before turning to Wells and throwing a knife on the ground in front of him. "Fair fight."

Kids murmured and Murphy smiled a bit sadistically before Wells picked up the knife.

Murphy made the first move and went to slash at him with his knife, which Wells dodged. He did the same thing again for Wells made a move. He lunged forward to slash him, but Murphy dodged.

Because of the momentum Wells had, Murphy was able to slash his arm, going through the material of his shirt and digging into his skin lightly.

Julia chewed on her lip as she watched. It was a nervous habit she had ever since she was young. And right now, she was very nervous. She didn't want anything to happen to Murphy.

"This is for my father!" Murphy shouted and lunged forward towards Wells, but Wells managed to twist his arm and turn him around, holding his knife against his throat.

Julia didn't believe that Wells had the guts to actually kill a person, but she wasn't willing to take any chances. She only made it two steps forward before Clarke's voice cut through the air.

"Wells! Let him go!" Clarke exclaimed as she and Finn came into sight. Wells roughly shoved Murphy away from him.

Murphy went to attack him again but Julia moved to block his way. She shook her head at him and spoke quietly, "Not now, Murphy." He didn't like it, but he stood down.

"Octavia." Bellamy's worried tone caught Julia's attention. She looked over to see Octavia was limping and Monty was helping her walk. Bellamy ran over to take Monty's place.