" Looking Up, Going Down "

Jac was feeling the familiar effects of Cloud Nine when she woke up in her lavish room the next morning. She felt as if every problem in the world didn't matter, not when she had spent the whole previous evening texing Blake Evans until she dozed off in her silk Moroccan bed sheets.  However, every good feeling she had evaporated when she opened her eyes to see darting hazel eyes staring back at her.

"Can I help you?" Jac sat upright in her Queen-sized bed, taking in the woman in her room, resting her perfect nails on the matching sofa at the foot of her bed.

The frail woman was dressed fashionably in a Dolce & Gabbana dress, looking like a tan Indian version of Diane Von Furstenberg with glasses. "By getting out of bed and meeting your mother downstairs. We have an auction to plan for."

Jac rubbed sleep out of her eyes, watching in bewilderment as the woman swung open the brass door of her closet, disappearing into it. Designer clothes were soon popping out of the room, being flung on to the velvet carpet as if it were trash.  "What the hell are you doing? Those are my clothes."

"Jacqueline, get down here, will you?" She heard her mother's annoyed voice from the first floor. 

Jac was all too overwhelmed to act on her mother's orders. Instead she stumbled sleepily out of bed and followed the woman to her walk-in closet. The mysterious dame was at the very back of the dim-light closet, going through Jac's vintage T-shirts that she was always buying from Barneys but rarely ever wore.

"Where are your evening gowns?" The woman snapped, turning to her then with exasperation.

"Look to your right and theres a secret compartment behind those jeans," Jac instructed her numbly and watched as the woman found the small diamond-embellished door and yanked it open, stepping inside.

"Jacqueline!"  Her mother shouted, shrilled.

With a sigh, Jac decided to leave the woman who was snooping through her closet alone. She followed her mother's angry voice down the flight of stairs that lead to the second story of the house and then took an elevator to the final floor. 

Eve Lexington was in their second living room, looking like a queen in a thin Versace robe that barely hid the skimpy lingerie she wore underneath. Though the sight wouldn't be much to Jeffrey since he preferred guys now. 

The living room had been transformed into a clothing mania. The usual Ivy and Gold love seats and coffee tables bombarded with Jac's clothes and jewelry. "Mom!" She shrieked at the realization of what exactly was going on.

"Can you sort through those clothes and find all the expensive cocktail dresses you have," Eve said absentmindedly, searching through a rack of fur coats - Jac's fur coats. "Make sure all the dresses you pick out are over fifty grand, they'll sell better at the auction."

"Mom, you can't be serious!" Jac cried, feeling as if she could throw up her happiness at any moment.

"Jac, hurry! I want to be done with this before your father gets back."

"Where did he go?"

"To a follow-up meeting with Matthew Felix," She informed, pulling out Jac's favorite real Cheetah-skin coat and holding against her perfect frame.

"Follow-up? Mr. Felix changed his mind about the pitch?" Jac asked hopefully. 

"No, but your father is still trying to convince him." Eve draped the fur coat over her arm. "This will sell for millions. We got this in that boutique in Africa remember?"

"Then why are you putting it in the auction?" Jac cried again. "Mom, these are my clothes, my jewelry and-" Then she stopped midway in her sentence because sitting lazily on the ivory coffee table was literally every piece of jewelry that he had bought her. "Mom, listen to me!" She shouted louder this time.