" Diamonds 'N Drugs"

Erika Felix loved to watch her father work.  Matthew was ruthless and conniving, using his high reputation and place as CEO to further himself in everything he did. He worked at one of the most successful sport corporations in America, a business one of their great grandfathers had made in the early 1900s.

Sitting at her father's NBF grey desk - that only had pictures of Damon's achievements and a small family portrait - she watched with awe and admiration as Matthew yelled angrily into his phone at a dumbfounded coworker.

Damon sat beside her in the guest chair, typing away on his Samsung chromebook. He quickly hid the laptop, however, when Matthew got off the phone.

"I see that eye is getting better," Matthew nodded to Damon nonchalantly as if he hadn't been the one to do it. "Better put ice on that lip though."

"I did," Damon responded just as coolly. 

Erika rolled her eyes. She hated men. She hated how they could practically rip eachother's throats out and revert back to buddies only minutes after. Where was the fun in that?

"Now I figured since you guys are here," Matthew stated although he was the one who forced them to come. "You can help me with some things that need doing."

Erika straightened her already perfect posture, touseling her perfect curls. She wanted to show her father just how professional she could be. "What do you need help with, Daddy?"

Matthew looked her over then crossed his arms, leaning back in his black Aeron chair. "I guess you can handle the New York marketing sales."

"Wait, marketing?" Damon asked, astonished. "But thats my job."

"Its a very hard job." Matthew said flatly.

"And I do  it better than the actual workers," Damon protested. "Thats my job."

Erika's heart was soaring. The most complex job at the office was marketing sales which meant if she executed it correctly, she could show her father how smart she was but more importantly, she could show Matthew exactly who was the better Felix sibling.

'You've nearly ruined things twice," Matthew shot back. "I don't need you destroying my business too."

Damon was baffled, struggling for words. 

"Maybe Damon could make up for it in the big game tomorrow, Daddy," Erika said in her sugar sweet tone that she'd become so adept at. "I heard there are going to be Ivy League scouts there."

Mathew clasped his hands together, examining the papers neatly piled on his desk thoughtfully. As he did this, Damon glared at Erika and it didn't take a genuis to know what he wanted to say, 'Fuck you.' Erika replied with a candy sweet smile.

"Well then I guess I have a game to see tomorrow."

Both of the Felix siblings' mouths dropped. Matthew rarely ever attended anything that had to do with school. The office was his home and when he wasn't there, it was either the living room couch or the study. He hadn't gone to a school event since Damon's fifth grade little league Lacrosse game - and that had been when their mother, Glory, was alive.

"Are you serious?" Damon asked, appalled.

"I'm always serious," Matthew said as if he were offended by the question. "Its my job to support my son."

Erika held in her laughter. Matthew Felix was anything but supportive. He was more of a 'frighten-you-into-succeeding' type of father. Although she could vaguely remember when he hadn't been that way at all. When Matthew had been one of the best Dads in the world - to Damon.