" Not Another Party " Part 1

The Beverly Wilshire hotel's parking lot was completely filled with Bentleys, Corvettes, Lambos, and Merecedes Benz, drunk, designer-covered teenagers stumbling out of them and heading into the lobby.

Jac was one of them. She and Veronica had caught a ride with two East Prep boys who she'd forgotten the names of already. Although she was pretty sure the lanky, blonde guy who had his arm slung around her, had a name that started with 'L'.

The party venue Brett's father had rented was extravagant; gold embellished decor, a balcony with the view of the bustling city, an expensive DJ, bottles of gold Moet & Chandon champagne and of course, tons of E.

Jac felt wasted and the party had just begun. In fact, she was so drunk that she couldn't remember why she had felt so depressed before. She felt careless, careless and free, and that was all that mattered.

So careless, in fact, that she didn't even flinch when 'L' grinded against her to the music. She didn't even mind the fact that his hands were sliding up the hem of her Aiden Mattox black sleeveless mini dress. She only turned to face him, realizing he wasn't as cute as she had thought a few hours ago, and threw her arms around his neck.

He kissed her roughly, reeking of Crown Ambassador beer  and although Jac thought he was the most sloppy kisser she'd ever encountered, she kissed him back anyway.

"Wanna get out of here?" He murmured on her lips.

Jac smirked slightly, knowing exactly what he meant - and found it amusing that he thought he had a chance.  She moved away from him. "Maybe some drinks first."

His whole face lit up as if he had scored liqour without using a fake ID or a bribe. "Yeah, yeah, of course."

As soon as he headed for the refreshments table, she weaved her way through the crowd, side stepping Lindsey Wellington and the cheerleaders as they stumbled drunkenly, trying to take a picture. She passed Veronica who had been hoisted up by some of the lacrosse players, twirling around a broken tiara.

Jac found Benny leaning against the balcony rail along with Seth Montador and others Jac didn't even recognize. Imperial vodka bottles in their hands, they thrust one hundred dollar bills into the air, watching them fall into the bustling street below.

"I changed a homeless man's life!" Seth shouted to the top of his lungs, pointing eagerly at a man bundled up in scruffy clothing below.

"Those peasants caught one of my bills!" Benny shouted back, giving Seth a high five,.

Jac couldn't help but laugh. "I'm not sure about what I just walked into."

Benny downed the rest of her vodka. "We're helping the peasants."

"Serfs," Seth said enthusiastically. "I like the sound of serfs better."

Benny waved a dismissive hand, slinging her arm around Jac, guiding her to the balcony edge. There were still a handful of others, dropping money down into the streets as if they were Jesus themselves. "Lets play a game, who can throw the most money and get someone to catch it."

Seth pulled out a wad of hundred bills hurriedly. "You're on."

Jac thought the idea of giving away money was stupid and senseless.  However, she was all about acting stupid and senseless tonight. It was a party after alll and it was the first party that she didn't have to worry about what he was doing.

With an excited gasp,  Jac found herself throwing two grand into the glittering lighted city, hoping someone would catch them so she could win - and a group of business men started to pick up the money fervidly.