Chapter 24

Nov, 7th; 10:03am; Mórrígan room

We sat on her floor, doing nothing besides staring at the other wall. I caught myself glancing over to her after every few minutes. I know it sounds awful, but hearing she broke up with her boyfriend, made me happy. 

I wanted to ignore her, avoid her, but it was harder than I thought.

A few days ago...

I woke up screaming again, covered in sweat and breathing heavily. I looked around, and saw a worried Steve standing next to my bed, shaking his head.

"That was the second nightmare this week, and its only Tuesday." He said while looking at the watch on his hand. "I thought you were doing better?" He asked and sat down next to me and placed his hand on my right shoulder.

"I was doing better." I almost whispered. Those nightmares became extremely exhausting, and I didn't know what the fuck I could do to make them stop. 
"When was the last time you and Morgan talked?" my best friend asked me, and I shook my head.

"This has nothing to do with her." I looked up at him, and he looked at me, with his 'really'-look. "But you have to admit since you two stopped interacting with each other, they became worse." He said and I nodded. "Maybe." I answered and he chuckled. "Do you want me to stay?" 

Steve asked me and I shook my head. "No, you can go." He slowly stood up and opened the door. Before he left, he looked back at me and opened his mouth to say something, but I interrupted him. "I will talk to her." He looked at the ground, with a sad smile on his face. "Thank you." He said and closed the door behind him.

I jumped out of bed, and ran in the bathroom looking in the mirror. I need to go to a barber, I thought to my self, while running a hand through my beard. 

I cleaned my face with some cold water, and tried it with a towel before leaving my room. I stood in the hallway, staring at Mórrígan's door. Without me noticing, I put my hand on the doorknob and was about to open it, but stopped myself just in time.

It is like 3 in the morning. She is already asleep. And if she really wanted to see me, she would come to me. I thought and leaned my forehead against her door. I sighed and then left, to go and drink some milk in the kitchen.

Mórrígan's POV

I got up from the floor, and so did James. "I should go and get changed." I said while gesturing to my pajama I was still wearing. He nodded, but didn't move. He just stared. "That means you have to leave, idiot." I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help myself and smile a bit. "Oh, right. See you later, loser." He said and left. "See you later, Bucky." I whispered after he closed the door.

"Well, that wasn't too bad." I said to myself while opening my wardrobe and choosing an outfit for today. "Yeah, it wasn't." Venom said, and I jumped up by his sudden appearance.

"So I did not get rid of you." I said, and smelled on one of my sweatpants, to see if it was still fresh. I thought for a second if I should put them on, but then shrugged my shoulder. I took them, a fresh pair of underwear and a  black shirt with a little red rose on the left side. "Apparently you didn't." He said and chuckled.

I ignored him, and took my clothes off. "I am sorry." I stopped in my movement and looked confused. "You apologized?" I asked in disbelief and started to put on my shirt. "Yes. I was... overprotective, you could say. And behaved like an asshole." He admitted and I nodded. "Yes you did." I answered, while putting my sweatpants on. 

"Can you forgive me?" He asked in a sad tone and I sighed. "Okay, you are forgiven." I said and opened my door. "Good, because I am hungry." He said and I chuckled. "Is that the reason you apologized?" I asked, already knowing the answer. "It was definitely a motivation."

I entered the kitchen, and saw Barnes standing there. He held something in his hand, and read what was written on there. "What are you doing?" I asked, and he jumped up a bit, obliviously not hearing me coming in.

"I planned on coking for today, as an apology." He said, and put down the box he was holding. "Okay. But you do know, It's not even 12 O'clock." I asked him, and looked at the clock above the small fridge. "Ugh... yes. I need to go grocery shopping anyways. I was just thinking what I should make." He explained, and I nodded. "You sure, you can do this alone?" I asked him and he smiled. "How hard can it be." He said, and I left the kitchen, to go to the others. "So no food?" 

Nov, 7th; 1:29pm; Avengers Tower, dining room

The whole team sat there, and waited for Barnes and Steve to serve the food. Steve insisted on helping Bucky to cook, and he agreed after some time. I sat next to Tony and Pietro. After what happened between Barnes and me a few weeks ago, Stark apologized and tried to be a friend, which was hilarious.

We would make jokes about the teammates, whenever they said something stupid, or make bets about them. Pietro and I also became even closer, and he saw Venom, but only  in a reflection. Like I expected, he looked like he was about to shit his pants. Wanda, who sat in front of me, Natasha, who sat next to her and I talked a bit. 

The assassin was still suspicious about me, but after I saved her ass a few times on a mission, she started trusting me more. 

After a few more minutes, the two soldiers came, and placed the food in front of us. It was two baking dishes, with rice and white chicken on top of it. They handed out everyone a bit of rice with a piece of eat. "What the fuck is this." Venom said, while staring at our plate.

I wanted to say something, but stopped myself. Maybe the white ass chicken, with no seasoning, and the mushy rice tastes better than it looks? "Enjoy it." Bucky said and sat down. I used my fork and poked the chicken. "Did you season it?" I asked the soldiers, and the whole team looked at them. "We used salt." Bucky answered and I slowly nodded. 

I took a bite. It was the driest thing I have ever tasted. Tony and I looked at each other, and burst out in laughter. I almost choked on my chicken, so he hit me on my back while using a  napkin to spit the rest of the meat out.

"What's so funny?" Steve asked and crossed his arms in front of his chest. I kept laughing, and slapped Tony's arm, while he wiped away his tears.

"I am sorry, but this tastes disgusting." Tony said, still snickering. "The first time I agree with this idiot." "Tony..." Natasha said, and kicked him under the table. "It's true." He said. 

"Did you guys every cook?" I asked, and the soldiers just looked at each other. Without answering, they tasted the food themselves and furrowed their eyebrows. "Okay, maybe we forgot some seasoning." Steve admitted.

"Oh really?" Wilson asked sarcastically. "I have an idea." Wanda said, and everyone looked at her. "Tomorrow, Mórrígan can show Barnes how to cook something... edible." She said, while playing with her food. "I am okay with that." I said and looked over to James, who shrugged his shoulder. "Yeah, okay." 

Tony offered us to order some pizza, and we all agreed. The others started cleaning the table, while Stark and I watched them. I elbowed him, and held out my hand. He rolled his eyes, and pulled out $20.  "I hate you." He said sarcastically, and I just laughed a bit.