Chapter 25

Nov, 7th; 2:20pm; Avengers Tower, dining room

We ate the pizza, and talked a bit about some missions or some other stuff. We moved to the couch, because it was a little more comfortable, and you don't really need plates for pizza. 

Pietro and I sat next to each other again. I leaned against one of the armrests with my back, and placed my legs on top of Pietro's lap to be a bit more comfortable. While talking with Wanda, I noticed Pietro stroking my leg a bit, which I found quite comforting.

"How is it going with your boyfriend?" Clint suddenly asked, and everybody was suddenly looking at me. "Oh, uhm... we broke up." I said, while trying to act sad. 

"Oh, I am sorry, I didn't-" "It's okay, really. It just didn't work out anymore." "Wow, even your imaginary boyfriend dumped you. That's sad." Venom commented, which made me smile a bit.

The whole team kept talking, and I noticed Bucky looking over at me and Pietro every few minutes. "What is his fucking problem?" Venom asked after catching Barnes staring at us with his eyebrows furrowed, and his jaw clenched. 

"Maybe he is thinking about finally ending me. I wouldn't mind it, tho." I whispered back sarcastically, earning a chuckle from Venom and Wanda, who was oblivious listening.

After some time, I got slightly bored and looked at my phone. While scrolling through Instagram, I got a message. From my dad. Saying, that we needed to talk and that it was important. I haven't really heard from him, since I moved to the tower, with not even all my stuff.

"It's okay, we can go if you want." Venom tried comforting me, which I really appreciated. "Is everything alright, princesa?" Pietro asked me, noticing me staring confused at my phone.

"Uhm... I'll be right back." I said while slowly getting up. The others asked what happened, but I decided to ignore them. I ran up to my room, and threw my phone on my bed. I walked back and forth, biting my nails. What should I answer? Is he going to ask me to come back? What if it is about my mother? No, he is too drunk to be able to talk about her.

"For god's sake, just call him!" Venom's deep voice snapped me out of my thoughts, and without even being able to do anything he grabbed the phone and called my father.

"ARE YOU CRAZY? I AM NOT PREPARED!" I yelled at the parasite, which held the phone against my ear.

"Mórrígan?" I heard my dad on the other line. He sounded sober, and... sad? Or broken, I don't know how to describe it. The only thing I know is that hearing his voice broke my heart a bit.

"Hello dad." I answered hearing him sighing in relief. 

"What do you want?" I asked, biting my finger nail.

"I know you are probably busy, but I wanted to ask you... if you want to come to celebrate your mother's birthday? Tomorrow?" He asked me, sounding nervous.

I just stood there, not knowing what to do. We didn't celebrate it after she... well, it doesn't really matter.

"Uhm... yeah. I'll come." I answered, running my hand through my hair. "Really? I mean... I am looking forward to it." He cleared his throat and I couldn't stop smiling. God knows I despite this man, but he was still my father and I hate to admit it, but I missed him. "See you tomorrow." I said, and he did the same. After that, I hung up and let myself fall on my bed.

"Yay, family reunion." Venom said sarcastically, while I just groaned into my pillow. "You know what that means." I told him, and heard him gasped happily. "BRAINS AND SWIMMING!" He yelled, and forced me to get up. I know that he wanted to do, so I stopped him. "It takes you 7 hours to get there. And it is only -" I said while looking at my phone to check time. "Half past three. Means we still have enough time." I heard him groan. I understood why he was so excited, since it has been some time since we killed someone, and he fully transformed. 

"We should get some rest." I suggested, knowing how exhausting it could be for Venom and me, swimming for 7 hours. "Sounds great" He agreed, and I started packing my back.

After that, I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes for a bit.

A/N

How, the fuck, does this story have 23k reads? Y'all are crazy mf's...

Anyway... THANK YOU, SO MUCH <3 EACH ONE OF YOU!!