Chapter 34

Nov., 8th; 3:34pm; San Francisco 

Mórrígan's POV

"What?" James said down at the edge of my bed, and stared at me confused. "I had cancer... multiple times." I reaped my self, fighting the tears, which formed in my eyes. "The first time when I was only 3. Again when I was 8 and when I was 17." It was hard talking about it, and I believe Bucky noticed, because he came closer and placed his hand on top of mine.

"You don't have to tell me this, if you don't feel comfortable with it." His voice sounded comforting and soft. "Well, I want to. I think it's only fair if you know my backstory since I know yours." I told him.

He nodded, and let me keep going. "After I beat cancer the second time, the doctors told us, that the possibility that I would get it again, were pretty low. I thought I was finally done. But, a few years later, it came back. More aggressive, and the people in the hospital weren't sure if I would be able to 'win' this time."

I stopped to take a few deep breaths before continuing. "By that time, my mother worked for this company. The one  which worked with Hydra, but she didn't know that back then. They were working on something big, some kind of weapon, but they told her that they were working on a cure for all the sicknesses in the world. And because she was so desperate, she signed me up as a test object."

Some tears started to roll down my cheeks, and I quickly whipped them away. "They- strapped me to a table and, injected me multiple things. I screamed because I was in pain. My entire body felt like it was burning and I begged them to stop. But they didn't care. When my mother saw this black thing, they planned on putting in me, she tried stopping them, and ran into the room I was in... One of the man shot her in the back of her head." I closed my eyes, and tried to calm myself and to start breathing normally again.

"And that black stuff, is what saves your life all over again?" Bucky asked and I nodded. "I am so sorry this happened to you." He whispered, and pulled me into a tied hug.  "And I want you to know, that I am here for you, if you need someone to talk." I pulled away from the hug, and looked him in his eyes. 

Every time the two of us are alone, I start to feel a bit saver around him. We stared at each other, our faces only a few inches apart from one and the other. I noticed him looking down at my lips every few seconds. My breath started to become faster, every time he moved towards me.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered, his eyes not leaving my lips. His voice was husky and soft. I nodded slightly and short after, our lips touched. It was like time stopped, when our lips met, and a warm feeling started to built up in my chest. 

He grabbed me by my hips, and pulled me on his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and the kiss got more intense by every second. He pulled away for a second, just to look at me. "You are so beautiful." He whispered and smiled. 

I pulled him back in the kiss, and our tongues started to fight for dominance. He tasted sweet, but his lips felt rough. His beard tingled, and my stomach was filled with butterflies.

He pulled away again, and stared at me. "I think I am falling for you."