Chapter 31

Nov., 8th; 11:53am; Coffee shop in San Francisco

Mórrígan's POV

We both drank some coffee and talked with each other about everything. He told me more stories about him and my mother, when they were both younger and in school. I enjoyed seeing him, happy and- sober. He explained to me, how he goes to therapy and talks bout his panic attacks I never knew about.

It was also the first time in years he talked about mum, since years. He avoided conversations about her and got mad when I just said her name. "And that's how I embarrassed myself in front of the whole class, just so she can leave without anyone noticing." He finished the story and I chuckled.

"I wanted to show you something." I said and grabbed my bag, which stood next to me. It took a while until I found what I was looking for. I took the old book out, and placed it in front of my dad. "That's her diary."

He looked confused, and opened his mouth, but closed it a second after. "She wrote a lot about you." He hesitated, but then slowly opened it and smiled. "Where did you find it?" He asked, reading some of her entry.

"She gifted it to me. When I was in the hospital, again." I said, getting quieter by the second. "Oh, right." He said just as quiet as I did.

"Anyway, I think we should go now." I said and took out my wallet, taking some money out and placed it on the table. My father gave me the diary back, and also got up from his chair. 

He held the door open for me and we both left. "I'll have to go to the ATM before we go to her." I said, and pointed at the machine next to the café. "Alright, I'll  wait in the car." He smiled and got in the vehicle. I quickly ran to the ATM and took Stark's card out. "What are you doing?" Venom asked, who politely stayed quiet while I talked with my dad.

"I told them that I'll use an Uber. And it would look weird, if the card had been unused." I explained, while entering the pin. I took 300 dollars, and took the card again. "I will probably go shopping before going back." I smiled and heard Venom sighing annoyed. 

"And after shopping, you can have a snack." I suggested, and Venom instantly agreed. I put the money away, and got to m dad's car, he bought from the money I sent him. He started the old car and drove off.

Nov., 8th; 11:53am: helicopter

Bucky's POV

I was half way there, flying the fastest I could with Stark's helicopter. To be honest, it wasn't the best Idea lying alone in the helicopter, but At that moment it felt right.

"Bucky, can you hear me?" Steve's' sudden voice appeared in the comms. "Yeah, I hear you." I answered. "We think the- uhm- monster? Is following Mórrígan. Some cameras caught it, and it seems like it's on its way to San Francisco." Steve told me, and I heard Tony talking to Fury in the background.

"I am almost there." I answered, and after that turned the communication system off. What if it's really after her? Did HYDRA send it? What if it already killed her? AND WHY DO I CARE SO MUCH?! Those and thousands of other questions kept repeating themselves in the back of my head, and without realizing, I became faster with the helicopter.

Nov., 8th; 12:43pm; at the Grave of Elisabeth Miller  

Mórrígan's POV

I just stood there. Unable to move or talk. Her gravestone was covered in dirt, and the flowers  already withered. That was the first time I ever visited her grave. I imagined it more beautiful and more colorful, like she would have loved it.

I noticed my Dad glancing at me and then back at her. "I'll leave you two alone for a bit." He said and left short after. "Hi mum." I said, and my voice cracked a few times. "Happy Birthday." I smiled, and tears started streaming down my face. 

I kneeled in front of her and started sobbing hard. "I am so sorry, it's all my fault." I whispered while crying. "I miss you so much. You are the best mum I could ever ask for." After what felt like hours, I finally started to calm down, but there were still some tears that escaped my eyes. I sat there and told her some of the things that happened to me, since she left.

I told her about the new job, and about a special guy I may or may not like. "He is just like Dad used to be, and I think you would have loved him. Even tho he can be a bit arrogant sometimes, he is- just as broken as I am." I sighed and started playing with my fingers nervously.  "Remember back than in the hospital when I was sick, and told you how I can never be happy? Guess I was wrong. I found a new family, with lots of crazy members. But I would cut off one of my hands, for every single one of them." 

I smiled, and wiped away the dried tears on my cheeks. I heard footsteps behind me and quickly got up. "Are you okay, sweetheart?" My Dad asked me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Yeah, I am fine." I smiled, and looked at my feet.

He also started talking to her grave, and I decided to give him some privacy, so I stepped back a bit. "She would be proud of you." Venom suddenly said and I started laughing. "For what, eating people's head? And stop being nice, it's scary." Venom laughed, but then got serious again. "No, for the woman you became. And she would be proud of how strong you are. I mean, I am still trying to break you, so you can be my slave."

"And there he is again." I shook my head and smirked. 

The drive home lasted almost two hours, because of an accident on the street caused by a helicopter, which some Idiot just left there. As soon we got home, I decided to take a shower, before eating some cake with my father. I took some clothes out of my old dresser and ran into the bathroom. 

I turned on the hot water, and washed my hair with my dads 3 in 1 shampoo. After 10 minutes, I came out and blow-dried my hair. "I have to re-dye it." I said while looking at my roots. "Yeah, you should. It looks ugly right now." Venom answered, and I sighed. "Thanks for your honest answer." 

My hair was still a bit wet, but I didn't get to finish because someone knocked at the door. I wrapped a towel around myself and left the bathroom to see who it is. I unlocked the door and in front of me stood someone I expected the least.

"The fuck is he doing here?!" "What are you doing here, Bucky?"