Socializing is weird

HAHAHAHAHA GUESS WHO IS BACK?! Me, I'm back, and before we get into the chapter I need y'all to listen. In my journey to completely rewriting the early chapters of this book, I made some changes that you all should be aware of. If you're one of my og readers or people who read the old prologue, GO BACK AND READ IT RN I ADDED IMPORTANT STUFF!!! Also to the 'darkness and magic' chapter with the lore bit so like GO BACK AND READ THE LORE PART! I grinded writing for like 5 hours a day to completely rewrite the first seven chapters and edit the rest of the book so yeah I'm back for good now! 

Gem's POV:

Agatha would have been a Hufflepuff had she gone to Hogwarts. Talking to her for less than five minutes managed to bring a smile to my face, which was quite rare on days when Blaise wasn't around.

"Is it true when they say that it always rains in London? I've never been there since I usually visit Belgium in the holidays, but it doesn't sound like particularly nice weather to have all year."

The conversation I was having with Agatha was rather trivial, with her mostly asking me questions about where I was from and how my old school was, and why I transferred. For the latter question, I said it was for a new learning opportunity and to improve my French as I was planning on becoming a diplomat after graduation. A pretty decent lie if I do say so myself. 

"It does rain quite a lot, but not all the time. Sure, it's unpleasant, but the rain oddly makes the city look good. I personally like it, but sunny days are nice too. What about you, do you prefer sunny days or rainy ones?" Agatha seemed to be deep in thought for a few moments before speaking once more, her eyes sparkling slightly. I had to admit, she was more beautiful than most girls at Hogwarts, but unlike them, she seemed to have something hidden to her. Something I oddly felt... drawn to. I'd never met a foreigner before, so maybe that was why. 

"I used to love rainy days as a kid, I'd go outside and splash around in the rain until I got sick and had to go back inside for a warm bath and a cup of hot chocolate! Good days, good days. But ever since I turned eleven, it changed. I dreaded rain, getting wet suddenly made me uncomfortable and weird. So you can say I now prefer dry sunny days, I'm always more energetic in those. And there are so many things you can do when it's not raining!- I started rambling again, didn't I? Sorry about that, I tend to talk a lot about fun topics." 

While she talked about her love for sunny days and her childhood, there seemed to be a certain... glow to her, but it seemed to dim once she stopped talking. I'd never realized one could be so happy about a memory, all of mine seemed to be dulled to a degree. Longterm effects of Dementors, I suppose. Agatha giggled nervously, which is when I realized I had been staring for too long. I shook my head awake once more and shot her a grin. That sudden rejection to rain was rather odd, I'd have to take note of it. 

"It's alright, I was interested in what you were saying- but I have a question, Agatha. What happened to your other glove? All the other students seem to have both, did you lose yours?" She seemed startled by the question, as her eyes widened and her posture suddenly stiffened. Two seconds passed before she relaxed again, lifting her gloved hand back onto the table. "Yeah, I can't remember where I put it for the life of me! You're rather observant, aren't you?" She might have just lost her glove, but something still seemed suspicious to me. Especially her initial reaction to my question... I'd have to tell Blaise about this. Speaking of Blaise, where was he? He was a few tables away from us, but now he seemed to be completely gone. Great. 

"Gemini, mind if I call you a nickname? Nothing against your name, but I just give all of my friends nicknames that are easier to remember. My  memory is a bit bad, you see, so shorter words are easier to match faces to." I nodded at Agatha, her words still sinking into my brain. Friend? We'd only known each other for about thirty minutes, yet she thought of me as a friend? I had to admire her sense of trust in others, especially considering that the gazes of other students were still on us. Did they know about me, by any chance? If they did, that would explain the looks, but if they didn't... ouch. Did I have something in my hair? Was my skirt not fixed properly on my body? Was my hair too light? Or were they all just eager to talk to me? I couldn't imagine the latter option, as I was getting more dirty looks than pitiful or even polite stares.